I am *begging* you, stop carrying on an empty chamber.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    An AR, and cammies, dangerous.

And finally, one of me, NOT getting arrested.
    I'm facing away from the camera. Either someone was checking out my AR, or my tush. Not sure, I'm hoping it's the AR.
    IMG_9342-X2.jpg

Wrong. This one and the others were taken from the black SUV parked across the street. Thanks guys. We'll get back to you.:rockwoot:

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    Totally late to the thread. You can accuse me of necroposting later.

But, one thing I think is often missed or at least not posted in these threads is the idea that if you carry unloaded you may cause yourself to be in a gun fight well before you are legal. Meaning, knowing that it will take you so much time to pull and chamber a round you might jump the gun, nyuk nyuk, and then get accused of pointing / intimidating / wreckless endangerment (ingolawyers don't crucify me on exact IC you know what I'm talking about). If your EDC is loaded and holstered properly you only draw and act when it is absolutely and instantaneously needed for your immediate defense.

Was that clear enough of a thought?

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    The posters in this thread are exactly the sort of reckless people who give us gun owners a bad name. Not only don't I carry one in the chamber, I don't even fill up my magazine all the way. This way I leave a few spots open at the top of the stack. If I accidentally rack my Glock -- and let's face it, those things are just accidents waiting to happen because they don't have a safety -- I'll still be safe. If you want to be Omar and "always carry one in the chamber," Nancy Pelosi has already won.

"But every second counts!" You may object. Fair enough. I just pull the trigger a little faster, and that will give the bullet the extra boost of speed it needs to get to the bad guy.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    The posters in this thread are exactly the sort of reckless people who give us gun owners a bad name. Not only don't I carry one in the chamber, I don't even fill up my magazine all the way. This way I leave a few spots open at the top of the stack. If I accidentally rack my Glock -- and let's face it, those things are just accidents waiting to happen because they don't have a safety -- I'll still be safe. If you want to be Omar and "always carry one in the chamber," Nancy Pelosi has already won.

"But every second counts!" You may object. Fair enough. I just pull the trigger a little faster, and that will give the bullet the extra boost of speed it needs to get to the bad guy.

EPIC! ^

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.

Off to the classifieds you go.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville

But I thought you could put a round in the chamber on a Glock by just pulling the trigger once?!!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    With your ar fully loaded? We will never know because this is the Internet...
    Petey, you've mentioned several times, the evil "fully loaded AR". Would it make a difference if it was unloaded? Or just partially loaded?
    would it make a difference it was any other long gun? Or is it just the "fully loaded AR" that would make you summons the authorities?
    Since you are so opposed to open carry, would you have the same issue with someone concealing the "fully loaded AR"?

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    I carry a Glock, Condition Zero. But, it may take someone a while to carry, practice shooting, and to develop a system or routine for safety at the home, especially with kids. I don't think carrying without one in the chamber is a death sentence, but its not for me.

Top Bottom