• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I just drove Nashville, TN to Indy. The delays due to construction and slow downs added an hour to an hour and a half to the trip.:xmad:
    Has anybody tried I 69 going south?

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Always carry a current paper map. If you want to reroute it is really important to be able to see your options. Your phone or navigation system is not designed for thinking drivers.

When driving from Fort Wayne to Louisville we regularly bypass Indy and 465 by using Hwy 9 and driving time is just about identical.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    The past two times I have hit a wreck just north of Nashville both times added HOURS not sure if that is a “dangerous” section or if I just got lucky

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    One thing I've learned in life: people will complain about crappy roads... And people will complain about the construction that fixes crappy roads.

Basically every one of us carries a handheld computer with really good navigation software on it.

I use mine every day, even on places I go frequently, just to monitor traffic flow and reroute if needed.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    I recently drove both ways on that route and had no issues on that stretch, must've gotten lucky. It was a Monday and a Friday, both during daylight.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I haven’t gone that way in years. The parkways, in the past anyway, usually had far less traffic than the interstates.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    One thing I've learned in life: people will complain about crappy roads... And people will complain about the construction that fixes crappy roads.

Basically every one of us carries a handheld computer with really good navigation software on it.

I use mine every day, even on places I go frequently, just to monitor traffic flow and reroute if needed.

As long as I’m footing the bill I reserve the right to complain however I see fit. So yes I will complain when there is 25 miles of construction zone for 5 guys to stand behind 20’ of concrete barriers watching the new guy work while they drink coffee. While police are at both ends extorting me for more of my $

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    We went that route on the 5th enroute to Jupiter Florida. Never had any problems even with the construction zones probably because the driver is Tommy Turtle who lives and breathes Apple maps. I tried telling him he could go more than 5 miles over posted speed limit and to not believe his apps. We finally go there but I would've gotten there a LOT faster!

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I just drove Nashville, TN to Indy. The delays due to construction and slow downs added an hour to an hour and a half to the trip.:xmad:
    Has anybody tried I 69 going south?
    Hate to say it but I think you did ok . 65 yeah well I won’t express my thoughts on that one. Because of all the fall out I would get from Big Red. It would be like could you not save some of the *’s for me.

Top Bottom