• ...and so much more!
  • indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Well, glad yours is fixed. I've cleaned out the condensate trap, inducer is new, the vacuum/pressure switch seems ok but I don't know how many in's of mercury should activate it to know if it's the problem. Good blue flames from the burners. Hi-limit switch seems very unlikely according to a hvac source. I'm stumped. I got the house up to 73 so it's good enough, but I should be able to crank it to 80 like I used to.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Well, glad yours is fixed. I've cleaned out the condensate trap, inducer is new, the vacuum/pressure switch seems ok but I don't know how many in's of mercury should activate it to know if it's the problem. Good blue flames from the burners. Hi-limit switch seems very unlikely according to a hvac source. I'm stumped. I got the house up to 73 so it's good enough, but I should be able to crank it to 80 like I used to.
    If it were me, I would reconfigure the thermostat for gas heat only and remove the heatpump all together. The wait should only be for a compressor delay so it doesn’t short cycle.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    IMG_2342.jpeg And this is why we change filters in a regular basis. When you don’t, all the air-born funk in the house sticks to the wet AC coil and ends up suffocating the furnace during the heating season. And don’t try to B.S. the HVAC tech and say you have changed the filter on a regular basis. (Just because you put a new filter in when he was getting out of his truck… doesn’t count.). Pulled the coil on this one, blanked off the coil enclosure and…. Amazing…. Heat works without the furnace shutting down on high limit.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    View attachment 326174 And this is why we change filters in a regular basis. When you don’t, all the air-born funk in the house sticks to the wet AC coil and ends up suffocating the furnace during the heating season. And don’t try to B.S. the HVAC tech and say you have changed the filter on a regular basis. (Just because you put a new filter in when he was getting out of his truck… doesn’t count.). Pulled the coil on this one, blanked off the coil enclosure and…. Amazing…. Heat works without the furnace shutting down on high limit.
    I love it when customers say that... or they don't or never have smoked inside.

And my oh so favorite "curtain test".
    It doesn't move the curtains like the old one. Well you had a single stage now you have 2 stage equipment....

Top Bottom