• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you drink genetically engineered milk or feed it to your baby?

• Total voters

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Latest scientific abomination: Genetically Modified Cows Produce 'Human' Milk

The current trend in science is to patent lifeforms that have been genetically modified. Companies like Monsanto have patents on plants and animals, and if you re-plant the seeds yielded from growing their GMO crops in your garden, you will be punished like a pirate of intellectual property.

Now we have a genetically-modified beast that is part human and supposedly yields milk that is similar to human milk. Critics say that this will make it easier for cow-specific diseases to make the inter-species leap from cows to humans.

As a consumer I choose to avoid these genetically transformed abominations. For health and moral reasons.

APcows.jpg

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    This oughtta make the nipple nazis lose a little bit more sleep. Their precious monopoly is threatened.

Oh, I can't answer the poll since a suitable option isn't available. I might drink it, but not because the FDA might approve it. But I'm not necessarily going to say no either.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Oh, I can't answer the poll since a suitable option isn't available. I might drink it, but not because the FDA might approve it. But I'm not necessarily going to say no either.

For purposes of the poll, assume "FDA approval" means that the mainstream scientific establishment is in approval; yet fringey natural advocates point to evidence that shows reason to think twice before drinking.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    If cows start growing boobs instead of utters, then I'll be concerned. Until then, not a big deal to change the content of the milk.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So . . . why?

We already have producers of human milk. If that's what you want.

I'll stick with full-on cow cow-juice.

nfolsom13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    greenfield, IN
    i think they should take all this energy they put in to making cow milk human milk and maybe find a way to make cancer genetically disappear or make a cure for the millions of diseases that are out there! just my opinion tho! :D

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Whatever they do to modify the milk, it will most likely never be as pure and natural as the milk from a womans breast.;)
    Years later, they will find the mod causes some type of abnormality.:dunno:

Top Bottom