• ...and so much more!
  • Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Drilled through a solid 20 inches on a channel in LaGrange County Saturday. Bass were mauling the tipups and I kept 21 gills out of the 30 or more I caught. Slow bite. Just two or three fish then a lull. Move to a new hole 20 feet away and get a few more.

hountzmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    SE Indiana
    Wasn't thick enough on Sunday in Dearborn county.

Dad checked his pond and only found 1-2" He was thinking that the snow must be keeping it insulated / heavy enough that it's not forming much new despite the cold.

Strange IMHO, I would have bet that it was good to go.

jimbobcooters

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Wasn't thick enough on Sunday in Dearborn county.

Dad checked his pond and only found 1-2" He was thinking that the snow must be keeping it insulated / heavy enough that it's not forming much new despite the cold.

Strange IMHO, I would have bet that it was good to go.

I know my dad used to talk about the snow messing with the integrity of the ice.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    My pond went from a slushy 2 inches Sunday to a solid 5 inches in Decatur County tonight. Wife wants to ice skate this weekend. Ice should be good to go.

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    I tried ice fishing twice and didn't catch anything. I didn't fish long though. It's March now and I think temps are going to be in the 50s in a week or so. Time for bass fishing. Bring on the Texas rigged plastic worms, spinnerbaits, and crankbaits!

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    We are planning some maintenance on our little pier on the pond this weekend. Its the best time since we can easily walk around and work on it- on the ice. May have to cut a hole and drop in a line. Never ice fished before. What are you using for bait?

jimbobcooters

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    We are planning some maintenance on our little pier on the pond this weekend. Its the best time since we can easily walk around and work on it- on the ice. May have to cut a hole and drop in a line. Never ice fished before. What are you using for bait?

My people use beemoths, but I have used mealworms, regular worms, and minnows before.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Kosciusko County been fishing for over 2 months. Some actually on ponds & channels in mid-November. Pick up trucks been driving all over Wawasee Lake ( largest natural lake in state) for several weeks.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    We got the pier straightened up last Saturday. It was sunny and the ice was wet. Had to actually use a floor jack on the ice to get the new boards/joists in place. I told the boys, stay close and listen carefully for cracking sounds. No cracks or issues at all. Glad we got it done last weekend. Didn't get to fish.

Lets see those bluegill!

Top Bottom