• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I put the gun box in a backpack. I put a sign on the backpack that says what I have and what I want. I walk around the 1500 as usual. People who are interested will stop you. All the dealers will ask what you have.

IndyColtsFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    ^^ Ditto. Always had good luck with this. Even with an empty pack a bunch of the dealers have stopped me and asked what I had to sell. Just don't forget to check that the buyer is an Indiana resident and "proper person." :twocents:

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    ^^ Ditto. Always had good luck with this. Even with an empty pack a bunch of the dealers have stopped me and asked what I had to sell. Just don't forget to check that the buyer is an Indiana resident and "proper person." :twocents:

Not to get side tracked, but how can I check if they are proper? Simply ask?

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Back pack and a sign, works great. I usually use a paper plate on some sort of stick and just throw it in the trash after the sale. Ask to see driver's license at the very least. I have had at least three potential sales come to an abrupt stop as soon as I ask, but I am sure two of them were THOSE people:):

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I want the M&P9 Pro with the 5" barrel. My request to keep this one and purchase the Pro was denied by the boss.

I get that!

If I had known a week sooner, my brother just sold his Pro model this week. He hasn't actually delivered the gun though and been paid. Do you want me to contact you if the deal doesn't go through?

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Ditto the backpack with sign. I did this last show and had success. You will get people trying to low ball you, but remain polite and you'll be all set.

Although you don't have to, I usually ask for a concealed carry permit on top of a drivers license. It makes me feel better knowing that they passed a background check at least somepoint in their lives haha. I've sold a lot through Armslist and most people are perfectly ok with showing theirs; if they are hesitant, you definitely have a yellow flag.

Top Bottom