How to make 80 people look at you all at once?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alliclaytor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Northside
    So I took a buddy out for a birthday breakfast after duck hunting today. I didn't really think about it, but was wearing my camo gear (a mixture of various patterns, all non-military) and EVERYBODY in Cafe Patachou at Keystone at the crossing gave me a hard look a few times. (it is a great restaurant if you like good omelets, but a bit pricy) Kinda funny really.

While sitting at the bar we struck up a friendly conversation with our barmates, at one point a gentleman asked if if we had been hunting and commented on our clothes. I reflected that this probably doesn't happen much in this area (camo in Keystone) and he agreed but smiled and said it was a good thing.

The older lady next to me however said she thought it was horrible, especially after the shooting yesterday. I was taken back by the comparison, and sternly said I don't see the connection. She said that he was hunting children, (witholding my anger) I looked at her and commented that if someone came in the front door of that restaurant looking to do the same, I may be the only one in the building that would be able to fight back. :) Also that us camo crowd are sickened by this as well and would have tried to stop him if able.

At that point, we both decided the conversation was over and I went back to my awesome omelet. I may have heard a collective sigh of relief as i walked out of the building however...oh well.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I get the same look whenever I go into the Coach store in Greenwood Mall. I intentionally go in looking like an unshaven redneck wearing some sort of camo. The looks I get from the staff and other patrons are priceless. The dirty looks turn into curiosity when the manager comes out and shakes my hand. He helps me make my selections for my wife, cashes me out and follows it up with another hand shake thanking me for my business.

I leave just smiling at the people who automatically had me stereotyped as a redneck P.O.S.

Top Bottom