• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    I want to send seven people a check. It will be a surprise. I want it to be as safe and secure as possible. I would like to send it FedEx, but don't want to pay $31 each for seven of these. The only way I'd use USPS is if it was Certified/RRR, but I'd prefer not to use USPS. I'm on the fence about requiring a signature. Any suggestions?
    Edit: Should it be a cashier's check?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I want to send seven people a check. It will be a surprise. I want it to be as safe and secure as possible. I would like to send it FedEx, but don't want to pay $31 each for seven of these. The only way I'd use USPS is if it was Certified/RRR, but I'd prefer not to use USPS. I'm on the fence about requiring a signature. Any suggestions?
    Edit: Should it be a cashier's check?
    I'm old enough that I used to mail checks to pay all my bills. Stick it in a security envelope, put a stamp on it and put it in the mailbox.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    But I'm sure they're okay with mailing USPS money orders? That makes zero sense.
    And apparently if they lose your money order in transit and even admit they lost the envelope, they still make you pay the fee to stop payment and get a (partial) refund. Which is pure bs. They should refund the whole MO AND the postage because they failed to provide the service you paid for.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    What you're talkin' about is scaring me off USPS, which I was scared off of in the first place. Can't use a MO, too much $$. Oooh, unless I send multiple ones. Still, that's a PITA. Oh, and I think one of them may need to go overseas, hopefully not to China. Thanks for the responses, still thinking this one over.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What you're talkin' about is scaring me off USPS, which I was scared off of in the first place. Can't use a MO, too much $$. Oooh, unless I send multiple ones. Still, that's a PITA. Oh, and I think one of them may need to go overseas, hopefully not to China. Thanks for the responses, still thinking this one over.
    Overseas is a new wrinkle, but for domestic, you're way overthinking this. IMHO of course. I can't imagine being too paranoid to mail a letter or a check.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I've used Moneygram for overseas. There's also Western Union. Last I reevaluated, can pickup Moneygram funds in cash (needs ref # and an ID). Would advise you to think about it before sending it as a surprise. It's pretty simple to send a USPS flat-rate priority envelope; if paranoid, probably want to require a signature/ID.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm old enough that I used to mail checks to pay all my bills. Stick it in a security envelope, put a stamp on it and put it in the mailbox.

IKR. I'm not sure if this thread should make me feel old, or not.

I don't see the problem with simply mailing a personal check. Is there more to this story?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wait - you don't know who you're giving money to?

:shady:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Send your personal checks in USPS padded Flat Rate Envelopes. $8.95 each.
    They are 2-3 day Priority Mail, and they come with tracking.

Top Bottom