• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Boil water and try that...

The icing is mostly lard, like you said. Hopefully none of the joint compounds will be harmed by such hot water....

FYI, it'll take way more than a tea kettle full.

If you've already snaked an opening, perhaps mix in a bit of dish detergent in with the water to help clean the pipes. May work??

xcalibur

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Get use to it forever.....

My wife thinks its ok to shove anything in the garbage disposal and it just goes away.
    Same with flushing items down the toilet. Even after telling her over and over not too, I will find q-tips, cotton balls, those little round face cleansing pads still floating.
    Even caught her cleaning the hair out of brushes and washing down the bathroom sink.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Get use to it forever.....

My wife thinks its ok to shove anything in the garbage disposal and it just goes away.
    Same with flushing items down the toilet. Even after telling her over and over not too, I will find q-tips, cotton balls, those little round face cleansing pads still floating.
    Even caught her cleaning the hair out of brushes and washing down the bathroom sink.

SAME thing here. I kept telling my wife that just because these sanitary wipes were "flushable" didn't mean that you should flush them into our septic tank. It took an expensive clean out and advise from the septic dude before she straightened up on that one.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I assume you want shenanigans that are cheeky and fun, not evil shenanigans...

If you know she's going to use the kitchen sink, and she's going to turn on the water, rubber-band the sprayer head so it's on, and point it right at the front of the sink. That's always a good time, and only takes two seconds.

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    Ah yes- both of my daughters have ruined many a thing in their kitchen experiments :-)
    I always felt sorry for the young gentleman they were baking or cooking for. These are the moments to cherish brother. A little drain repair and quality time with your daughter is priceless.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Since she lives in my house there is only so much I can do. She is getting a "late for school" wake up on Sat morning.

Tonight I have scheduled all her wireless items to be lockout of the router with parental controls. I am also shutting down her texting with my parental controls.

A spider on a string will be hanging on the outside of her door and she will walk into it sometime very late tonight when she gets up in a rush. I purchased three fake mice that look real and will place them in the bathroom, so when she turns on the lights, she will see them. In her cake decorating box, I have placed several fake cock roaches that she will not find for days.

If I have time, I am seting up a wireless video camera to watch the hallway between her room and bathroom. It is IR so it should be able to see in the dark You might not be able to see anything, but it will get the audio.

I have to be careful, she has two guns in her room........................

Did I mention there is a plastic snake in her trunk?

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    My oldest two, son and daughter had a habit of flopping down on the couch. I repeatly warned them about it. Well one day I sat down on it and it creaked badly, they had broken the frame.

The next morning very bright and early, they got a lesson on how to do furniture repair while I did nothing but supervise and make it as painfull as possible.
    1-remove bottom cloth cover by pulling a zillion hard to remove staples.
    2-examine damage to determine what was needed for repair.
    3-trip to hardware store where they purchase required items.
    4-complete repairs properly.
    5-Put bottom cover back on neatly.

About 4 hrs it was finished. Guess who never flopped on the couch again.

Made such an impression, they now have kids of their own, I heard one of them tell my grandson, don't jump on the couch, grandpa will make you do the repairs.

Priceless.

Top Bottom