How safe is the 1200 Block of North Colorado Avenue in Indy Neighborhood?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My stepdaughter says she's moving from the East New York Street and North Sherman neighborhood to the 1200 Block of North Colorado Avenue in Indy Neighborhood (N Colorado and E 13th St area).
    Will this area be safer or more dangerous for her?
    And even more importantly for my wife when she goes to visit?

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Near eastside, a few blocks from Sherman? I sure as heck wouldn't live their, nor would I want my kids anywhere near it.
    It's about 10 blocks west of Sherman about 1300 North.
    I didn't want to her to live by New York and Sherman let alone this new place she wants to move to.

I grew up in a small town, and I would never live in the inner city.
    And intentionally going places where there's a larger chance of trouble makes no sense to me.

I refuse to go down where she lives, and I strongly discourage my wife from going down there.

I even have a longtime friend of 40 years that lives in the Washington and Arlington area and I refuse to go there.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It's horrible. I know I grew up there and it was great. Moved 20 years ago.
    Besides thats only 1/2 mile from where she is now?
    Yes.
    I don't know what she's thinking.
    Plus, she grew up in the country in the Lebanon area and isn't anywhere near as "street smart" as she thinks she is.
    Plus she has terrible judgement.
    For example just a couple of years ago in Broadripple, she got drugged and almost got kidnapped by human traffickers, and barely escaped.
    Drives her mother nuts!

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Yes.
    I don't know what she's thinking.
    Plus, she grew up in the country in the Lebanon area and isn't anywhere near as "street smart" as she thinks she is.
    Plus she has terrible judgement.
    For example just a couple of years ago in Broadripple, she got drugged and almost got kidnapped by human traffickers, and barely escaped.
    Drives her mother nuts!
    I'm telling ya. Arm up and take a drive over there. Its the most dangerous part of Indy. It makes Broad Ripple look like Carmel. When I was a kid I had a paper route 1 block over on Grant st. It was Beaver Cleaver area. Now. Its like South Chicago. I moved in 1999 due to crime.
    I'm sure It hasn't gotten any better.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    True, but all places aren't equally unsafe.
    When I moved to Indy a few years ago, I went looking for a rental. One place i visited looked kinda bad so I just asked what the crime was for that area. The guys smart reply was "crime does not have a zip code". I looked at him and walked out. I later realized it was a pretty bad location just outside 465 on the west side.

Top Bottom