• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyMedic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have been golfing many times, but this year just bought my first set of clubs and decided I was going to really get into it. Well me and and a couple buddies went today and man was I disappointed. We played the front nine. It was par 35 and I shot a 61. I came in last place but not by much.

Its all about having a good time though right. So how many golfers are out there? How long have you been playing? and what do you shoot on average?

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I used to be a golfer.

I don't golf much anymore because of work and 3 small kiddos.

I broke 80 the first year I played (1999). I'd be lucky to break 100 now since I haven't actually played a round of golf in 3years.

hischj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Wadesville
    I used to golf for the high school team, but haven't done much lately. Used to shoot in the high 80's. I would be lucky to keep it under 100 now. HAHA

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I am a golf addict. If I can't shoot a gun, I'm shooting "a golf" but at least I'm shooting SOMETHING! HA!

Look, I've been golfing for some 25+ years and on my best day I might break bogey.

You're correct, it's all about playing, for me anyway. If you go about it with the attitude, "Even a bad day on the golf course is still better than a good day at work." Then your outlook about your game will change.

Seriously, don't be too hard on yourself. Get out there, get some fresh air, don't worry about how far the guy next to you drives, and just hit the ball. Golf is just as much a mental game as anything else. Somedays, your attitude about the game is all you really have control over.

HIT EM STRAIGHT NOW! HA! :yesway:

BTW, I'm always looking for golf partners. Feel free to give me a shout.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Ive been golfing off and on for 14 years. When I first started in Middle school, I would shoot par. Ive since developed a wicked slice with my driver, so on a good day I shoot 80. On a normal day i shoot 100 :D

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    swing it slow and smooth. short and straight is always better than long and in the rough. :D at least that is what i always try to think.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I used to play three times a week, but during the past four years I've averaged about four times a season. I plan to get out a bit more this year, but I'm thinking that time will be spent at a different range. :D

jerp239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I play once or twice a week, and shoot in the low to mid seventies. Shot 69 3 times last year to break 70 for the first time. I have been playing for about 20 years

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Been playing 40 years. I used to build clubs, teach youngsters and old ladies. I gave that up when my sanity started to slip away. Up until about 7 years ago (when I delveloped shoulder problems) I would play at least 3 times a week and when I wasn't playing I was on the range or chipping/putting greens. I only play about 10 times a year now. I shoot in the low 80's now.

I have a decision to make now. The shoulder feels good until I shoot the Mosin, then it starts hurting. Hmm, golf, shooting? Tough one. Might try the wussy pad on the 91/30. :D

hem_ker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Plymouth
    I'm a former baseball player, so golf is a nice way to reminisce :) Unfortunately, I usually only get out a few times a year. My best day golfing was at Black Squirrel in Goshen and had a chance to par every hole (i.e. on the green with at least one stroke left) ... but out of 18 holes I think I only parred one. Moral of the story? Putting really shows how much someone gets out :)

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I gave up golf many years ago. I figured if I was going to be in the woods all of the time (trees) looking for something, it might as well have fur or feathers instead of white dimples. :)

Last edited:

Bskurt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I love golf, but it really doesn't love me. It's really hard to find the time to play when you have kids, but it so nice to chase a little ball around and enjoying the outdoors.

A. Ramon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I love to play. Been playing for abt 15yrs I think know. I average mid 90's, when I played alot it was the low 80's. I got a motorcycle 2 summers ago, so I have been spending more time on that.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I played on my high school team and wasn't very good then. Good days I was around 100 for 18, bad days closer to 120+. Now I'm more in the 100 range, and some days even less. I don't get out too much anymore sadly. But my main prob when I'm out is the wicked slice with my driver :(

Top Bottom