• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    BOB,GHB,SHTFbag, bag of evil or whatever you call them. I just realized today while cleaning the garage that I have too many bags of gear I have accumilated and eventually they all ended up trading places and uses.. I started out having one in the car then one full pack to grab and go then one for the family then and so on. So now I am taking apart all the bags and am going to go minimum. How many bags to you have lying around? what is their use?location?etc? I need some ideas to simplify while not skipping out on essential items in each bag. I have 3 small children and a wife which I need to figure in. Thanks,guys.

Last edited:

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Well, let's see...

I have a "walk home" bag in my car. I have a bug out bag in my basement. I have a "SHTF Light" bag in my closet which is essentally a pre-packed suitcase/DOP kit for minor events where I might need to leave home in a moment's notice but I am not heading to the woods; for example a relative injured and in the hospital and I need to leave right away.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I just woke up and smelled the coffee a few months ago so I'm still working on mine. Right now, I have a BoB x 4 (me, the wife, and our two girls) and I have a get home bag in my trunk. But it's the contents of those bags that still need some work.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i have a get home bag or edc bag that is always with me, i have a 72 hour bob for me and the old lady and little one, i also have a ruck sack packed up for a long period of time probably 7-10 days, and a couple more with odds and ends in them. all and all to many lol

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Main BOB at home for the family
    GHB in my Jeep
    "Crash Bag"/GHB in my wife's car
    GHB/urban in my office
    Back up BOB at a second location

Thats five.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    One in each car
    Two next to me
    a med box
    and then some items to toss and run as needed. I can find them in minutes if the kids have not moved them around......

I prefer to stay home or get home as needed!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I have 2 BOB and 1 BLS bag, and 1 ALS bag including O2. Im a Bodyguard for a living so i travel with the BLS bag and 1 light BOB (contents depend on if im going to a chairman mao-state or not). I also have what I call my "target interdiction bag" take your best guess. :P

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    just got a BOB but take it with me all the time.think about doing another small scale bag for the truck. just enough to get me home.

think ahead brother. home might not be there when you get back. or it may be someone elses home or they might have already cleaned you out. so dont short change yourself. build 2 full BOB's and that way your good to go. also something i mentioned in another thread thats a good idea and something used by U.S. Spec Ops is burried or hidden caches. basicly burry the equiviland of a BOB, somewhere only you or close trusted family will know where it is. Make sure to properly be able to find the exact location with a map and compass, because you need to assume GPS will not work, and all landmarks might be destroyed depending on the nature of the disaster. plan for the worse and then plan some more

emfloyd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Greenwood
    my husband and i have been working on a bag for my car i have a big BOB but a smaller bag would be better for me since i dont go far away from home. should have it done soon just need a few more things :yesway:

Top Bottom