• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I don't think that "foregrip" is really defined by law, but someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I wouldn't think that the device shown is a foregrip, since you can't get your hand all the way around it. I personally wouldn't want my hand that close to the muzzle, so it's likely a bad idea all the way round, whatever the law is.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    By the looks of it, it is an answer looking for a question regardless of how you classify it in terms of .gov overreach and retardedness.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    ATF defines a vertical foregrip as being 90 degrees. Hence angled foregrips are OK (for now). Some folks try to fly close to the sun, the riskiest being the BCM Gunfighter grip which is just a few degrees off vertical.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    How is the mini roni not an sbr?

How are "braces" on ar pistols not stocks?

It's all just skirting around the law. I suspect the hammer will drop on these things in the coming weeks/years

(For the record I don't support these laws, all guns laws are an infringement)

I understand you don't support these laws, but when folks say "skirt" the law it provides a negative connotation. Seems to me the responsibility is on folks that write the laws to put in the law what they mean, and the folks following the law can go right up to that point. Is going 55 in a 55 MPH zone "skirting the law?

Last edited:

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I understand you don't support these laws, but when folks say "skirt" the law it provides a negative connotation. Seems to me the responsibility is on folks that write the laws to put in the law what the mean, and the folks following the law can go right up to that point. Is going 55 in a 55 MPH zone "skirting the law?
    Where as I agree laws should be written more literally. However, your 55mph premise is not a good example. The speed limit is easily read and followed.
    This is more like that story where a kid got in trouble at school for selling sandwiches, they told him he was towed to anymore so he started selling paper plates. Each paper plate purchase came with a free sandwich.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Where as I agree laws should be written more literally. However, your 55mph premise is not a good example. The speed limit is easily read and followed.
    This is more like that story where a kid got in trouble at school for selling sandwiches, they told him he was towed to anymore so he started selling paper plates. Each paper plate purchase came with a free sandwich.
    My point is that loopholes are created by those who write the laws... Sometimes done so out of ignorance, sometimes done intentionally to benefit certain parties, and for various other reasons.

In this case, if the poster above is correct and it's defined as 90 degrees (I'm not versed if it is or isn't).. then anything less, say 89 degrees, is legal is it not?

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    All things will end up being foregrips; all things will end up being illegal until all power rests with those who would rule us and those who would reeducate us, dominate us and take all that we make.

Top Bottom