• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    We have fewer mosquito issues here than any place I've lived. Less standing water and plenty of things that eat mosquitos. It's more of a ground game here in the GSF, ticks are ferocious and seed tick season will start at the end of the month.
    Probably the worst year I can remember for ticks. Lots of them and they're voracious. Skeeters are around but not too bad. Flies were crazy a while back but seem to have dropped significantly. Very few wasps and other stinging things this year. Ants have been plentiful. Deer and horse flies got an early start but numbers aren't out of the ordinary.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Since I'm the one flyingsquirrel is talking about I figure I should confirm his story.
    Skeeters were terrible at his place!
    I'm about 15 miles west of him and don't think I've seen a single skeeter at my place. Heck I work outside all day and haven't really sen any at work either
    In 2019 we had a seminar at Camp Rivervale in Lawrence County. The swarms were really thick to the point most folks got headnets. Doing field exercises just a few miles away there were virtually none. It tells me there were breeding spots nearby.

Top Bottom