How are you protecting yourself at the State Fair?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Pointed stick.

Actually, I protect myself the way I always do. Situational awareness, and training with things besides guns. It's just a tool and you never know when it may not be available to you.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I used to never have to worry... pretty safe going into the fair in a police car and parking in police parking... but dad has been dead for 10 years... I try to get there early in the morning so I can park either inside the fairgrounds or in the lot immediately across the street there on 38th where police are 15 yards away.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The State Fair is a classic example of where you should apply the "Don't Ask; Don't Tell" Principle.

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    The State Fair is a classic example of where you should apply the "Don't Ask; Don't Tell" Principle.

yep, I still wont go, but you are correct imho.. Bad guys aren't going to leave them at home because it's against "the rulez".. and it's about the worst area in town, I wouldn't leave anything in my car I cared about, and sure as hell wouldn't drive in unarmed..

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ok, I've seen this a number of times on this board, and others. The do you carry in XXXXXX place where it's against the rules, laws, whatever.

If you're going to do it, that's a personal decision, but STFU about it.

Lest we forget, the things said online are not secure, nor protected by any kind of privilege or privacy. It’s all too easy for a savvy investigator to tie you to online statements and establish some type of real or imagined premeditation.

:ranton:

Tinman….

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Ok, I've seen this a number of times on this board, and others. The do you carry in XXXXXX place where it's against the rules, laws, whatever.

Lest we forget, the things said online are not secure, nor protected by any kind of privilege or privacy. It’s all too easy for a savvy investigator to tie you to online statements and establish some type of real or imagined premeditation.

Tinman….
    :+1:
    Absolutely correct, if for some unforeseen reason that something does happen and it is traced back to this forum it could take a very bad turn for that particular person.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN

Tinman….

Not only that, but why would you even want to carry concealed at places like the fair... that are crawling with LEOS, and it is made abundantly clear you are NOT to have a firearm.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom