• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Since I am a little under staffed right now and my lead Tech has all he can handle I stepped in and did this one.
    I thought I would share some pics.

2009 Honda Accord
    Before:

On the car bench, Frame straightened and removing damaged parts. Nice thing about unibody cars, Almost like building an AR. Take parts off put parts on.
    Well maybe more like a 1911. :)

Fitting and replacing parts:

some epoxy primer before installing the quarter panel to prevent rust

Replacement panel

Fit up:

Blend in:

this is all the filler that went into this entire repair:

Matching factory seam sealer even under the carpet:

Painted ready for assemble.

Just need to put a nameplate on it and done

Door Gap

Trunk Gap, Just need to put a name plate on and a good cleanup and done

Last edited:

wrnyhuise

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    SW Indianapolis
    very well done sir. It has been about 10 years since i have worked in a shop but i remember jobs like that and they suck. Surprised with todays market and cost that the car wasn't totaled.

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    Nice work up until 3 years ago I worked in auto repair shops and worked with many body shops. From the pictures of this car and the guns I've seen on here that you've done can tell you pay attention to details.

I don't think most people fully appreciate the work that goes into getting a car back together like that.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Nice work up until 3 years ago I worked in auto repair shops and worked with many body shops. From the pictures of this car and the guns I've seen on here that you've done can tell you pay attention to details.

I don't think most people fully appreciate the work that goes into getting a car back together like that.

Thanks,
    Even less so if they don't have rental coverage.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    very well done sir. It has been about 10 years since i have worked in a shop but i remember jobs like that and they suck. Surprised with todays market and cost that the car wasn't totaled.

Thank you,
    This type and full frame repairs were my specialty when I was on the line full time. As odd as it may sound I kind like fixing these hits.

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    Thanks,
    Even less so if they don't have rental coverage.

Lol this I know people are always in a hurry like there the only car in your shop. I was a service writer for 7 years and a repair tech for 4 or so before that.
    I don't miss it I had some great customers but unfortunately the bad outnumbered the good in my area.

wrnyhuise

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    SW Indianapolis
    Thank you,
    This type and full frame repairs were my specialty when I was on the line full time. As odd as it may sound I kind like fixing these hits.
    we all have our things that make us shine. I enjoyed final paint prep and spraying. granted years ago but still have a bad habit of rubbing my hands all over metal to feel the contours.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Out of curiosity, what does a repair like that run cost wise? It looks rather labor intensive. Looks great after the repair though. :D

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

I don't know anything about car repair but I can tell it definitely takes some talent to tackle that, well done.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Judas priest, you did that and I can't even get my touch up paint jobs on dings to last one winter! DOH! ;)

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Looks good. I work at a body shop in Columbus, the shop has been there for 35 years (it's my parents'). I started there in high school and still there. Probably a year ago, we had a white accord just like, same kind of wreck, except on the right side. It was more onto the quarter panel so we didn't need to put a new rear body panel on but it's interesting same kind of car just different side.

Hopefully the customer and insurance company (if it was turned in) are happy! Looks good to me! I know what you mean by understaffed. We're crazy busy right now. Have some hail damage, couple all-overs, plus regular insurance work and non-drivers.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Looks good. I work at a body shop in Columbus, the shop has been there for 35 years (it's my parents'). I started there in high school and still there. Probably a year ago, we had a white accord just like, same kind of wreck, except on the right side. It was more onto the quarter panel so we didn't need to put a new rear body panel on but it's interesting same kind of car just different side.

Hopefully the customer and insurance company (if it was turned in) are happy! Looks good to me! I know what you mean by understaffed. We're crazy busy right now. Have some hail damage, couple all-overs, plus regular insurance work and non-drivers.

Sounds like the same here. And where are all the people to hire?

Top Bottom