Household plumbing... what'd I break and how do I fix it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Water heater element failed. Turned water off, drained it, replaced the element, turned water back on, waited till the tank filled again, and ran the bathroom fixtures to purge air. Now half the house (bathrooms) has terrible water pressure on the cold side and OK on the hot side (faucet and shower in both bathrooms). Toilets seem to fill OK (but that's a small hose anyway)Both toilet's flappers also decided to start leaking the same day. Kitchen sink on the other side of the house is fine, hot and cold. Only thing I can think of is hard water deposits came loose at the valve, passed through the T to the hot and cold branches and jammed where the cold side branches from one side of the house to the other because we purged the air that way.

INGO plumbers, any credence to that theory and how do I fix it?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Water heater element failed. Turned water off, drained it, replaced the element, turned water back on, waited till the tank filled again, and ran the bathroom fixtures to purge air. Now half the house (bathrooms) has terrible water pressure on the cold side and OK on the hot side (faucet and shower in both bathrooms). Toilets seem to fill OK (but that's a small hose anyway)Both toilet's flappers also decided to start leaking the same day. Kitchen sink on the other side of the house is fine, hot and cold. Only thing I can think of is hard water deposits came loose at the valve, passed through the T to the hot and cold branches and jammed where the cold side branches from one side of the house to the other because we purged the air that way.

INGO plumbers, any credence to that theory and how do I fix it?
    I would start with cleaning out the aerators and flow restrictors if you have them.

Then drain/flush the water heater again with full water pressure going to it.

Top Bottom