• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Nice article. I think Phychologists study and Phychiatrists apply (as in clinical application)...but I could be wrong.

Also, three dead by knife - no reaction - dozens injured by a BMW - no reaction. Background check for firearm purchases - should be stricter! Really?...how many prosecutions from known "catches" in the current NICS? Yeah...that's super.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Actually, with a LOT of the parents and kids I see, there should be a very difficult test and strict guidelines in order to breed. :laugh:

'Interesting' that Hoyer is, once again, attacking 'assault weapons', since Rodger used NO such firearm, or any derivative of one.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    ETA - this amendment to appropriations - may be up for a vote TODAY (per GOA and other - liiberal - info)

Posted this (w/ some other links) for IMAGC:

2014 May 29 URGENT NOTICE SEND LETTERS / CALL NOW. OPPOSE “Thompson-King Amendment” to HR 4660 (various) Agency Appropriations Act, 2015
    Well we knew with some surety that some form of gun control proposals would be proffered by the anti-gun / anti-rights folks soon. Incidents and their ire have accumulated to that point with the spree-murder in Isla Vista. Now, ignoring the facts that the steps the murder when through in California are far more stringent than anything proposed (and ignoring the fact that half the murders were committed, up-close with a knife), the first proposition for new gun control measure is about to be brought to congress for a vote, in the House of Representatives.
    Peter King (R – NY), who is an anti-2A ( New York City) Republican, borrowing from Governor Cuomo’s tactics, has jointly offered the Thompson King Amendment to a House Appropriations Bill, along with Democrat Michael Thompson (of California, no less). Information is sketchy, at best, as this is a LAST MINUTE proposal. The amendment is borrowing pieces (some of the worst and most confusing) from the Toomey-SCHUMER-MANCHIN amendment that was defeated (barely) in the US Senate last spring.
    Just in - it appears that this is House Amendment 704 to bill H.R. 4660: Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2015
    Please write (e-mail), Tweet, Facebook (comment, message, post) and/or call your U.S. Representatives and urge them to OPPOSE the proposed infringements. This is the tip of the slippery slope. California’s restrictions are already far greater than anything proposed here, and yet tragedy happened. While we offer our sympathy to the victims and their families; pretending that this offers safety, and failing to acknowledge that this can and will continue to happen, is of little consolation to anyone.
    The old adages: “Making good people helpless doesn’t make bad people harmless” and “Those who give up liberty for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety” come quickly to mind. The federal government (and BATF) is already working to expand the definitions of what can prevent you from legally possessing (or receive a license/permit to carry) a firearm. And for example – we know that the “LOOPHOLES” they speak of and wish to close do not exist; yet they will set trips and traps which will create criminals of otherwise law abiding citizens.
    If I get time to write a sample letter, I or we will repost with this later on. For now – please contact your U.S. Representatives (and U.S. Senators) and urge their clear cut opposition to H.AMDT. 704 to HR 4660. Also – please LIKE and SHARE – so we can get the word out to as many as possible – as fast as possible.
    Thank you.
    --- BB3
    Information from GOA:
    http://www.gunowners.org/oppose-the-thompson-king-nics-amendment.htm
    Links to Info on Thompson King Amendment (liberal site – but appears to be most complete description I could find on short notice)
    http://www.thirdway.org/publications/691
    http://issuu.com/thirdway/docs/third_way_one-pager_-_the_thompson-king_background?e=2172540/2293774

----------------------------------

Also I've already written my Rep (D-5 Brooks) and tweeted the above post to her ...
    sorry no samples (yet) ... gotta get back to work. day job 'n' all that jazz (or blues)

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The fact that they are talking about it in the chamber that they don't control instead of the one that they do makes it look like just more political grandstanding rather than a serious attempt at doing something.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The fact that they are talking about it in the chamber that they don't control instead of the one that they do makes it look like just more political grandstanding rather than a serious attempt at doing something.
    I remember Harry Reid said last time around, he wanted to avoid the whole gun control thing unless there was a chance of something getting through the House. But I think he got called in on the Valerie Jarrett carpet and informed he would do whatever they said or end up in an alley of Chicago.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.

Sadly, the amendment (H.Amdt 704 to H.R. 4660) and so did HR 4660 - THAT for the moment appears to be the "BAD" news.
    A number of Repubslackers voted for both.

THE "SIGH OF RELIEF" - which I have NOT been able to verify yet - it that the amendment may ONLY have dealt with the additional funding.
    shifting 19.5 million from agencies A,B,C,and D to the NICS funds of the justice department.

(this is the only thing saving 1 of those redumblickers from a rather scathing e-mail at the moment; I also plan to share who voted for what ... just sayin'.)

The really annoying part is that this "CHANGE" was announced at about 9:50 PM on Wed. 5.28 and then voted on before 7:00 PM Thurs 5.29.
    without in being published and available for review (at least by "US CITIZENS") ... I hope those voting were able to review this - and the other 84 amendments proposed to this legislation ... What's the rush? its for NEXT YEAR. geesh.

Top Bottom