• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    jim bobs in nashville has a great selection. I met joe perry from aerosmith there one day, he was hawking his sauce at the store. I ended up buying a $26 bottle of daves special reserve because it had a wooden box so he could sign it.(I was like 14)

Tyler,

How much would you pay for it now? 50?

I sold a signed, limited edition bottle of Blair's 5AM reserve a couple years ago for six hundred dollars. I see some of the other reserve bottles selling for over a grand from time to time....

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Several years ago, we chipped in and bought a bottle of 45-dollar-ish hot sauce from Jungle Jim's for a friend. It came in a wax sealed skull bottle in a wooden box that was autographed in silver ink. Is that possibly the same thing?

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    In that price range it was likely the 2AM reserve. Blair got crazy with the "reserve" line a few years ago and some are very highly sought after in collector circles.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    ROOSTERSAUCE.jpg
    This is my favorite "off the shelf" stuff for every day use, Franks extra hot is second in the "off the shelf" category. I make some sauces specific to the foods we eat that are out of this world though, I make a szechuan BBQ for my asian dishes, and a texas style pepper sauce that I use for brisket and ribs....I make a really good dry rub too.....Everyone that tries either of those sauces always want me to make them some...I pass it out at Christmas and they usually ask for more by the end of this month...hmmmm, better get cooking.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I just called one of my buddys and this was definitely not it. It was similar and from the same company but not this bottle. Crazy if we picked up a 600 dollar bottle of hot sauce for 45 bucks. People are nuts. I remember complaining that a bottle cost that much.

Yeah IIRC the 2AM reserve was in a dark red bottle (the same style bottle as you pictured) with red and yellow wax and a bone-colored skull. It was the first in the "reserve" series.

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    Has anyone ever heard of or tried DAVES INSANITY SAUCE? I am not much for a lot of heat myself but my father loves some extra spice. At Christmas a few years back, he grabbed a bottle out of my uncles cabinet and covered the plate as usual. Little did he know that this was purchased for a joke and never tossed out. I had never seen a look like that on anyones face before. After the first big bite he was grumbling and near in tears in an effort to find a drink. That stuff is no joke!

Oh yeah. We had a bottle of that in college. Stuff is pretty much just mace. Completely inedible for most people, and if you get it on your hand you can't seam to wash it off very well. Hours later you'll rub your eyes or go take a leak and you're in trouble!

One good use for it though: We had some frat guys that kept pulling the fire alarm in the breezeway outside of our apartment late at night. We filled up the little pocket where you stick your fingers to pull the alarm with the insanity sauce. It got pulled one more time and then nobody messed with that thing again.

Top Bottom