Horrible story in Terre Haute. INGO member?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Being married less then a year, listening to the story almost put a thought of selling my guns shortly in my head, but I do not have a temper and we don't fight.

I've been married for just short of one year as well. I see no relevance of guns to this story. This guy had the thought of harming/killing his wife in his head. If no gun was in the house, the headline would read kitchen knife or any other readily available item. The problem lies with his intent. I would never even entertain the thought of hurting my wife, no matter the circumstance. No need for me to think of selling my guns, knives, baseball bat, shovel, axe, hammer, chain saw, ect... you get the picture.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    I met Scott a couple of years ago under the covered firing line at RCC. Talked with him a few times after that at the same place as he was interested in accurate rifles.
    My impression of him was that he was well mannered and unassuming.
    I never would have guessed that he would do something like that.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    According to some of the stories on the web he shot her multiple times in the torso and in the face. The face. That's very telling right there. He was enraged. Why? Who knows. Infidelity has a way of making a person go nuts. Maybe we'll find out more later.

Allegedly he used a .40 on her and a .45 ACP on himself...makes me wonder if he ran out of .40 ammo. How many times WAS she shot?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I've been married for just short of one year as well. I see no relevance of guns to this story. This guy had the thought of harming/killing his wife in his head. If no gun was in the house, the headline would read kitchen knife or any other readily available item. The problem lies with his intent. I would never even entertain the thought of hurting my wife, no matter the circumstance. No need for me to think of selling my guns, knives, baseball bat, shovel, axe, hammer, chain saw, ect... you get the picture.

Or chopping off your hands and feet...Just sayin'...They are the "weapons of choice" amongst insecure men who deal with their insecurity by smacking around a woman or a child....

Nice post....

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

I can't explain the intentions of someone like this (or rather probably the lack of control). I agree it's not really about guns and also wonder if there were hints of anger problems before. It seems rare to go from "normal" to this enraged with no prior warnings.

If I'm honest, this would be a case in which the anti-gunners would have a point that a woman calling 911 might have survived for the police to get there, if the man were using his fists or a different weapon. Of course you could also argue that she should have had a gun. But if I thought I had to worry about my husband shooting me, I just wouldn't be in the house with him.

I guess speculation is pointless. I do hope the child has someone who can help him heal from this terrible tragedy.

ETA: You definitely see people who are very nice publicly, that have ugly fights at home. Being abusive to a loved one is sometimes a specific type of problem that doesn't show up in other areas of life.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm betting there is some real bizarre details that haven't been released about this. Bat :poop: crazy people often kill everyone in the house. This guy seemed to have snapped over something? A shocking "now that we're officially married" declaration?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm betting there is some real bizarre details that haven't been released about this. Bat :poop: crazy people often kill everyone in the house. This guy seemed to have snapped over something? A shocking "now that we're officially married" declaration?

This is what I first thought of.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Some articles have stated that the argument was over the pre-nup agreement and began during the reception.

Some articles have stated that the house number was not visible and the wife gave the wrong address (transposed digits) which could have delayed the arrival of the police.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Even without transposed digits, that crib is out in the woods. Other than dumb luck and timing, it would take a while for the popo to get there.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Z

He choose poorly !
    24 yrs here

Sounds more like she chose poorly to me...

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    Super sad. This type of erratic behavior and instability is exactly why I carry. You can never predict the actions of others and what people are capable of. Sometimes you never really get to know someone until it's too late.

My guess is this was not their first fight or his first physically abusive outburst.

harrna02

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    columbia city

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    I would really like to hear the whole story. Sounds like all of the guests decided to leave because of the apparent problem.

I hope we don't find out that there could have been something done by a guest to stop this from occurring but they left instead. I'm sure that would weigh on them pretty heavy right now.

"The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing"

Top Bottom