• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunner52

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Just for giggles and grins, let's talk a bit more about this and let me bring up a point or two. When you call sales and order something, they place the order and ask for a credit card number. You give it to them and they enter it into the system. Said system confirms you have the money in your account and transfers it into their account. Sales person then generates a pick and ship to get your product on the truck.
    I never gave her a card number nor did I ever say I wanted the product. I don't give a crap who they are or how reputable they are supposed to be. I now have to take the time to call, wait on hold after listening to an unknown amount of recorded message to see what is going on
    Lastly, What about the BIG RED PAST DUE STAMP and the HIGHLIGHTED DATE.
    My mother, who is a little old fashioned and does not understand the world today, would freak out and worry about this. They need to fix the system and stop trying used car sales tactics to get someone to buy something.
    You can say what you want and encourage me to be polite, but this is BS and they need to know it.
    Sorry about your luck being the one I talk to on the phone. I deal with people on a daily basis and if I have a butt chewin comin, Oh well, that is part of the job. And you are right about this SHOULD be above a company like Hornady.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Hornady is a great company with great customer service. They have sent me parts long after the warranty is out and even when my actions caused the breakage.

This is a large company and I suspect they have many, many order takers. If one of them makes a mistake or intentionally messes up a customer order then you say the whole comp[any is bad?

Hornady is a great customer service company and has a fine history with the firearms community. Basing decisions about any manufacturer or product based on a sample of one is kind of emotional and silly.

It would be the same as saying one person had great experience with a Chevy so all Chevys must be good, or if one person has a big problem with a Chevy then all Chevys are bad. What kind of logic is that?

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I cannot imagine a company that has sent material to me for free not taking care of an issue over $55.00. Seems odd to me that they would ship something out to a consumer on an open account basis. They have always take a credit card number from me when I have ordered directly in the past. Waiting to see what happens.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    As a Hornady dealer - if your conversations with Hornady this morning do not resolve the matter, you send me your supporting paperwork and the names of the folks you talked to today and I'll pay the bill.

All I ask in return, is that you start acting like an adult and drop this little crusade.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Proof positive

As a Hornady dealer - if your conversations with Hornady this morning do not resolve the matter, you send me your supporting paperwork and the names of the folks you talked to today and I'll pay the bill.

All I ask in return, is that you start acting like an adult and drop this little crusade.

Well there you have it. Proof positive that if you hang around long enough somebody will say something worth hearing..........even on the internet. Good on ya', fireball.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Just for giggles and grins, let's talk a bit more about this and let me bring up a point or two. When you call sales and order something, they place the order and ask for a credit card number. You give it to them and they enter it into the system. Said system confirms you have the money in your account and transfers it into their account. Sales person then generates a pick and ship to get your product on the truck.
    I never gave her a card number nor did I ever say I wanted the product. I don't give a crap who they are or how reputable they are supposed to be. I now have to take the time to call, wait on hold after listening to an unknown amount of recorded message to see what is going on
    Lastly, What about the BIG RED PAST DUE STAMP and the HIGHLIGHTED DATE.
    My mother, who is a little old fashioned and does not understand the world today, would freak out and worry about this. They need to fix the system and stop trying used car sales tactics to get someone to buy something.
    You can say what you want and encourage me to be polite, but this is BS and they need to know it.
    Sorry about your luck being the one I talk to on the phone. I deal with people on a daily basis and if I have a butt chewin comin, Oh well, that is part of the job. And you are right about this SHOULD be above a company like Hornady.

You will catch more flies with sugar than with vinegar. Try being polite to start the conversation. The person with whom you converse will not be the person who made the error, and that person's only concern will be to resolve the issue. Chewing their butt is pointless. Makes as much sense as me chewing your butt because my neighbor woke me up early with his snowblower, for example.

Gunner52

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Some of you fellas just don't read well. If you look at all of what I said, you will understand I did not receive anything. Also, this is no crusade as you put it and I could care less that YOU support or don't support any particular company, nor could I care less that YOU may or may not be a dealer or have had a great experience with a particular company. I am also all in if you would like to purchase this product for me as I will be glad to sell it. I can always use some extra cash. Please don't make pointless statements that you would never hold to in an attempt to make me look bad.
    Here is the BILL so you can better understand where I am coming from and if you do not, so be it. It does not matter to me.
    Note the Sold To, Bill To, 9999 Salesman Number, Highlighted Date, Big Red Past Due, Due upon Receipt. The whole thing wreaks like I am in possession of their product.
    If you are trying to convince me that this is not a conscious attempt to get me to send a check, than there is no talking to you. Yea, it must be a clerical error. I am just tired of the corrupt business practices I see from supposed reputable company's and then hear them and others say things like "Oh I am sure they will be glad to take care of it, I have dealt with them for years" That is a great cover up and reminds me of a politician. This is nothing more than talking out of both sides of your mouth. I will post what was said and I will talk only to a supervisor and not take anything out on a sales person who is not responsible. And then I will say no more on this matter. :popcorn:
    100_0082.jpg

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Pshhhaw.

I've been double billed so many different times from so many different companies (all non firearm related) that it's silly.

I've always dismissed it as poor billing systems on their end. If I were to just write a check for every bill that showed up without checking to see if it was already paid, then shame on me.

It always takes just a phone call to resolve their error.

I'm not doubting you will do the same.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    You will catch more flies with sugar than with vinegar. Try being polite to start the conversation. The person with whom you converse will not be the person who made the error, and that person's only concern will be to resolve the issue. Chewing their butt is pointless. Makes as much sense as me chewing your butt because my neighbor woke me up early with his snowblower, for example.

This is particularly good advice. Leave out the "corrupt business practices" and "conscious effort" and just let them know you didn't order or receive, w/o all the emotion and finger pointing. I'm betting Hornady will correct the problem.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    This is particularly good advice. Leave out the "corrupt business practices" and "conscious effort" and just let them know you didn't order or receive, w/o all the emotion and finger pointing. I'm betting Hornady will correct the problem.

I only go on crusades or rants AFTER I've tried to resolve it with a company.

9 times out of 10 the issue gets cleared up without trouble, and often the company goes out of their way to make it right. The only company I've had issues with not making things right in the last few years has been DoubleTap Ammo and MidwayUSA when I tried contacting them multiple times via phone and email about a serious issue with their product (Midway selling the ammo) and got zero response regarding it.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    Please don't make pointless statements that you would never hold to in an attempt to make me look bad.

I will post what was said and I will talk only to a supervisor and not take anything out on a sales person who is not responsible.

Let there be no doubt, I hold to what I say.

Gunner52

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    I was absolutely polite and made sure I was transferred to the correct dept. and talked to a very understanding lady that indeed helped me get where I wanted to go with this matter. She was able to pull up the exact bill that was sent, as it was sent, and saw my point that it looked as if Obama or the NRA sent it out. We both laughed about it in the end and I made sure she did not send me anything free and informed her I would return it if she did.
    She also agreed with me that it looked just like an attempt to take advantage of a lesser minded person (and I do qualify ) and assured me there would be changes made so this would not happen again. You folks who said they would take care of it were right as I was sure you were but that does not absolve us or them of the responsibility of keeping people in check and holding their feet to the fire. Not all the people in charge at a company have as much integrity as I feel the billing gal had. The sheep in this country have already done irreversible damage and it is probably pointless for me to start a "Crusade" over this kind of thing, but that is why these things happen. Integrity has become a thing of the past. I would not be so adamant about this if it were an isolated incident. I get crap like this in the mail all the time. If it cost a company when they practiced techniques like this, they would stop but it is a profitable practice because for too long we have said things like "I'm sure it was just a mistake"
    I wish I had a recording of the conversation so I could post a transcript so the folks who thought I would be an ogre would feel better.
    I'm done.:ranton:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Have you called them?

I would do that.

Everyone knows that's not the way conflicts are solved in the internet era. First, you have to badmouth them in a public forum using as much (mis)information and assumptions as possible. The goal is to create a 4+ page thread that will hopefully show up on Google thereby damaging their reputation.

Always attribute any action to nefarious deeds and motives instead honest mistakes.

Then post pictures.

If you're a politician, then here's where you start the negative campaigning and sound bites.

The last thing you do is handle the issue in private like an adult.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Regarding fireball168's offer:

Please don't make pointless statements that you would never hold to in an attempt to make me look bad.

I've never met him or done business with him, but he has a lot more credibility than most around here and I have full confidence that he would do what he says. You, on the other tentacle, are doing a good job of making yourself look bad.

Yeah, Hornady screwed up, but you're getting yourself worked up into a public lather about something most of us would try to resolve with the company first. Then you're getting your lather further worked up when you're not getting the "aww, poor baby" your tantrum seemed to be intended to receive.

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    Everyone knows that's not the way conflicts are solved in the internet era. First, you have to badmouth them in a public forum using as much (mis)information and assumptions as possible. The goal is to create a 4+ page thread that will hopefully show up on Google thereby damaging their reputation.

Always attribute any action to nefarious deeds and motives instead honest mistakes.

Then post pictures.

If you're a politician, then here's where you start the negative campaigning and sound bites.

:lol2:

Gunner52

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011

I cannot imagine a company that has sent material to me for free not taking care of an issue over $55.00. Seems odd to me that they would ship something out to a consumer on an open account basis. They have always take a credit card number from me when I have ordered directly in the past. Waiting to see what happens.

Then post pictures.

Yea right I am a pro.

Gunner52

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Regarding fireball168's offer:

I've never met him or done business with him, but he has a lot more credibility than most around here and I have full confidence that he would do what he says. You, on the other tentacle, are doing a good job of making yourself look bad.

Yeah, Hornady screwed up, but you're getting yourself worked up into a public lather about something most of us would try to resolve with the company first. Then you're getting your lather further worked up when you're not getting the "aww, poor baby" your tantrum seemed to be intended to receive.
    I will admit I am sensitive to this and probably handle things wrong sometimes. My intent here is not to harm anyone. Just vent.

Top Bottom