• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    My mom's greatx4 grandfather came from Ireland at the beginning of the 17th century. He's buried in Montgomery Indiana. My dad's family came from Switzerland.

I'm a descendant of the John Newton family who wrote Amazing Grace. My great grandmother Woodward (grandma Kavanaugh's mother) was born a Newton.

Last edited:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Grandma Woodward's dad owned the town of Kyana near Ferdinand. It had a hotel, store, and train station. People would ride the train to and from Kentucky. When the town died, he moved to his farm which is now part of the Ferdinand forest. My great grandmother was born in a cabin on the farm. She moved to Jasper and the main road is Newton street. Lot of Indiana history in this head of mine.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    My grandmother knew more than is written. The unknown was passed on to me. When history is written, it's indoctrinated as fact. That's why gym teachers and coaches teach history, because it isn't questioned.

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    When you do some reading about how the Honduran government has "encouraged" this most recent migration, one may be suspicious that this is all an attempt to ransom these people for foreign aid....but president Trump ain't Obama.

Hmmm. Also heard Venezuela was somehow funding this thing too. Should the US gov't look into doing some house painting?

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Just saw a Mexican map of the caravan progress and a hurricane hitting Mexico. While an inland path seems like a lot of people will be sleeping and walking in a lot of rain for a few days.

Wonder how the Mexicans that live in these pass through cities feel about their towns being invaded. A bunch of foreigners sleeping in their front lawn, crapping in their landscape and begging for food and water.

I REALLY hope this hurricane intensifies and is much worse than they think it will be !

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    The Cavanaugh's and the Kavanaugh's are the same family and together in the graveyard at Montgomery, along with some Kennedys and Loves that were part of the family. Cavanaugh changed their name from K to C over a family dispute involving another part of history at the time I do not care to mention.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'm torn, as always. I know that at least some of these people are truly in need. But I also believe they are pawns in someone's bigger game.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm torn, as always. I know that at least some of these people are truly in need. But I also believe they are pawns in someone's bigger game.

Repression at home just seems so reminiscent of 'world famine' to me. The problem is insoluble without the countries in need addressing structural, governmental and in some cases religious shortcomings. Good hearted people donate to assuage real suffering but the charity is siphoned off at various stages of the process to aid political efforts that most donors would never countenance given the choice, and the whole process becomes corrupted and vulnerable to manipulation

I see no end to the problem until the people stand and fight to make their country what they wish it to be. Emigrating changes nothing on the ground, and the destinations of the emigrés have functional limits on acceptance of refugees

With respect to Honduras, El Salvador, Haiti et al - "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If people are concerned about people in need, I can send you down to Appalachia or some of the Indian reservations out in Oklahoma or most any of our inner cities. Why aren't the lefties working to better any of their lives, right here in this country already?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If people are concerned about people in need, I can send you down to Appalachia or some of the Indian reservations out in Oklahoma or most any of our inner cities. Why aren't the lefties working to better any of their lives, right here in this country already?

They already have those votes.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This afternoon Dana Loesch noted that 80% of the mob approaching our border are males 35 and under.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Having actually dealt with "hardened" criminals on a daily basis, illegally entering the US, without other factors, hardly qualifies. I've interacted with many illegal immigrants and have no problem having them to my house for a visit/dinner. Bubble? Yup. There are many bubbles for many different groups and this forum is no exception.

Capture.jpg

https://www.foxnews.com/us/some-in-...ories-from-regions-including-mideast-dhs-says

Awesome to hear that someone who is supposed to uphold the law would have no problem harboring illegal aliens.

Maybe you can get Homeland Security on the horn and see where your new guests are coming from.

Wouldn't want to fix the wrong thing for dinner. :):

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, a lot of immigrants have come over, the man finds a job, then sends for the family later.

To me, it's a question of enforcing laws. If you're going to just allow anyone in, then why not eliminate the laws?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I heard they don't want to go to Texas or Arizona. The want to go to California.

Gee! Why? :rolleyes:

More sympathetic people and less guns. Mmmmm.
    And the border patrol was told by the gov to stand down.

This ought to be good.

Top Bottom