• rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Homeland Security? at Hoosier Firearms Review

Kids, don't try this at home.

WASHINGTON — The nation’s Homeland Security officers lost nearly 200 guns in bowling alleys, public restrooms, unlocked cars and other unsecure areas, with some ending up in the hands of felons. The problem, outlined in a new federal report, has prompted disciplinary actions and extra training.

Most of the misplaced weapons — including handguns, shotguns and military rifles — were never found. “Most losses occurred because officers did not properly secure firearms,” says the Homeland Security inspector general report.

sianbrimons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Elkhart
    Just came here to post this...

I wonder how many were purposely misplaced for personal collection gain...

this was my first thought, we'll never know an acurate number, but my honest guess is 75% of them, i know i'd never "missplace" one of mine in a bowling alley, in my truck, etc. :rolleyes: i'm just glad my tax dollars can give our LEO's some free guns, after all, it's perfectly ok to steal as long as you're a LEO....:dunno:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    how the heck do you misplace a gun? :dunno: that is just ridiculous

It's pretty simple.

Take one idiot. Have said idiot take gun off while using the can. Have said idiot forget to pick gun back up after finishing. Said idiot then walks out of stall/away from urinal sans gun. Next person to come along finds gun.

Since we all have our "idiot moments" this is one of the reasons that carrying at home for a while before one starts to carry in public (at least for folk who didn't grow up with guns and are learning new) is a good idea. You get past the "idiot moments" and develop the habits that prevent accidents before you go out and run the risk of becoming a news story.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Apparently, 243, total were lost. 179 were lost because they were "not properly secured" and the rest were lost even though they were properly secured.

Report: Officers lose 243 Homeland Security guns - CNN.com

If you are a Liberal, this proves that no one should have guns because if the "highly trained" Homeland Security Officers lose their guns at the rate of more than 2 per week, the civilians must be losing 2 million per hour!:eek:

To a Liberal, lack of evidence does not mean you should abandon your assumption. It means you should find evidence to support your prejudice or just keep saying "Everyone knows ..."

Oh Lord, save us from those people who want to save us.

Doug

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    this was my first thought, we'll never know an acurate number, but my honest guess is 75% of them, i know i'd never "missplace" one of mine in a bowling alley, in my truck, etc. :rolleyes: i'm just glad my tax dollars can give our LEO's some free guns, after all, it's perfectly ok to steal as long as you're a LEO....:dunno:

I'm in need of some free guns, and since I'm a thief why don't you send me your address.

sianbrimons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Elkhart
    I'm in need of some free guns, and since I'm a thief why don't you send me your address.

not saying all LEO's are thiefs, i have a few close friends who are LEO's, the stories i hear it's a shame there are so many that shouldn't be wearing the badge that they do, DUI on a regular basis, using their issued vehicle to run personal errands during hours they should be patrolling, certain objects "dissapearing" from over-crowded evidence rooms, etc. etc.

i stand behind those LEO's who do the honest days work and stand ready to do violence on the publics behalf, it's just a damn shame there are so many who could care less and just want a paycheck. :twocents:

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    FWIW, I can't even take a guess at how many reports I have either taken or heard go ove the radio of guns found in bathrooms or other places. Cops are humans too and as stupid as it is they will do stupid things like this just like anyone else does.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

not saying all LEO's are thiefs, i have a few close friends who are LEO's, the stories i hear it's a shame there are so many that shouldn't be wearing the badge that they do, DUI on a regular basis, using their issued vehicle to run personal errands during hours they should be patrolling, certain objects "dissapearing" from over-crowded evidence rooms, etc. etc.

i stand behind those LEO's who do the honest days work and stand ready to do violence on the publics behalf, it's just a damn shame there are so many who could care less and just want a paycheck. :twocents:

You should read your original post before going on about how not all LEOs are thieves, that you have close friends that are LEOs, blah blah blah. You made a blanket b.s. statement and have nothing to back it up with, and you are now trying to backpedal since you got called on it. If you don't have specific instances of inappropriate behavior by an LEO, don't bother posting about them.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I bet most of those guns are at their homes, under their beds.

Now, if I were running an organization that issued firearms one of the first rules would be that any "lost" guns would be paid for, plus an "administrative fee" for the hassle, out of the pocket of the person who "lost" it. And if there are any "hoops" that the person would have to go through in that jurisdiction before buying a gun that "administrative fee" would be at least as costly as said hoops.

That would take away any incentive to "lose" a gun to one's personal collection.

But that's just me.

sianbrimons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Elkhart
    You should read your original post before going on about how not all LEOs are thieves, that you have close friends that are LEOs, blah blah blah. You made a blanket b.s. statement and have nothing to back it up with, and you are now trying to backpedal since you got called on it. If you don't have specific instances of inappropriate behavior by an LEO, don't bother posting about them.

oh cry me a river, nowhere in my first post did i say "all" LEO's, there are specific instances, however i'm not trying to throw specific people under the bus, though it would matter much on here with them being in another state, Ephrata, PA the cheif of police about 3 years ago was caught embezzling borough funds which had being going on for years, stealing from charity funds and other various functions, even here in elkhart there's a story of LEO's with some quite "inappropriate behavior"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGjuP3ZbQdw]YouTube - Sexy pics at police station[/ame]

there's one for ya... everybody's seen many stories like this, no need to go on and on citing alll of them, all i'm saying is read my post, i never said "all LEO's", so don't get too excited... :rolleyes:

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    and once again and leo pushing his power to scare someone if he wants to say all leo steal stuff then so be it but you taking so much offense by it do you have something your ashamed of?? if not just shrug it off

Top Bottom