• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joshuamckee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Franklin
    Here is the forge that i made today out of a old Chevy break drum and some exhaust pipe.The pipe that comes out the side will have a old reversible shop vac set to blow air attached to it.The break drum is the fire pot that will be filed with charcoal i welded three washers over the hole in the break drum so the charcoal wont fall down the pipe.When i want the fire to get real hot all i have to do is turn the shop vac on and go to work.:D
    021.jpg

022.jpg

joshuamckee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Franklin
    FORGE

I used to shoe horse for a living and worked with a forge every day.There is just something about working with red hot steal that i love.:D

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    I like it, looks like it will work great. I really want to learn that forging stuff. I need to get all these other projects done and out of the way though, before my wife divorces me.

As someone before me mentioned - some pictures or video of that thing working would be cool to see.

joshuamckee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Franklin
    Forge

I am going to try to use it this weekend if i do i will take pics and post them.:yesway:
    You guys are going to have to ask smokingman for pics to i made him a forge today.:rockwoot:

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    That is sweet. Best I have done is cut an old saw blade with my angle grinder, sharpen and paracord it. Good enough for field dressing a deer but not pretty.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    Great looking forge! But I wouldn't recommend firing it in the house. :-P

I built one similar about 10 years ago from a brake drum and still have it. Started with a hairdryer and charcoal. Bought a Champion 300 hand-crank blower and forger's coal from Brazil, IN.

Get banging and take pictures!

Ron

Top Bottom