• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    One Of Three Home Invaders Shot Early Monday - News - News Channel 7, Upstate South Carolina

A man who investigators say was shot, while breaking into a home early Monday morning in Fountain Inn, is undergoing surgery. A total of three men invaded the house.

The Laurens County Sheriff's Office has not released the name of the man who was shot or his condition. Authorities say this happened during a home invasion on Fairview Road around 12:45am Monday.

We're told three people kicked in the door of the home and dragged the resident out of his bed. Deputies say the homeowner was beaten, but he was able to get a gun and shoot on of the three robbers.

That victim was able to get to Saint Francis Hospital where the surgery is being done. The homeowner was injured and was taken to Hillcrest Hospital in Simpsonville.

Deputies are trying to find the two other home invasion suspects. If you have any information, call 911.

Reporting by Noelle Kachinsky, Mary Lu Saylor

Kind of scary that there were 3 men who kicked in the door. Makes me want to re-think how best to defend my home.

Second, why is the "Suspect" reported as a "Victim"? Way to go Noelle Kachinsky, and Mary Lu Saylor.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Kind of scary that there were 3 men who kicked in the door. Makes me want to re-think how best to defend my home.

Second, why is the "Suspect" reported as a "Victim"? Way to go Noelle Kachinsky, and Mary Lu Saylor.

No doubt, and that reminds me, I need shotgun shells.

Brian@ITC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Richmond, IN
    Home invasions are on the rise. People are most comfortable in their homes and intruders know that most people are not prepared due to this fact. It is always a good idea to have good size dogs as a deterrant! Any size dog will do, but I think that bigger dogs are more intimidating.

Just goes to show that you need to be prepared everywhere you go! Even at home!

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Any dog does act as a deterrent. Small dogs tend to make noise, which cause criminals to consider the house next door that's dog free.

Large dogs act as a deterrent by being big, and as likely as not to remove a limb if you enter the home unwelcome.

My friend Dan has a Saint Bernard named Brandy. She's a docile one who'd not hurt a fly. When you come to the door though she Barks, and the windows rattle.... Heck of a way to convince me I'd rather not come in unwelcome.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Any size dog will do..... you mean as a noise maker?
    It's funny, when watching "It Takes a Thief", the home owner is always positive that their dog will put up a fight with the intruder. More often than not, the dog sees the intruder as just another guest and either ignores them or just wants to play. Sometimes on that show, the dog is so cooperative that the 'thief' steals the dog!

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    27181016pl4.jpg

Top Bottom