• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fester

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Greenfield
    My apologies if this subject has been breached before.
    I need to procure a Home Alarm Service and looking to see what others may have.
    ADT is automatically out! I had them in Colorado, but when getting divorced, the house was foreclosed on. However, ADT didn't give a s*it and I still had to pay coverage premiums to them for another 13 months after foreclosure. Then ADT sic'd a collection agency on me for another 12 months payments although my contract had expired. I beat that but ADT basically said, "Too bad, so sad".
    I'm not bitter....<cough>
    Anyway, who can recommend a good service?

lww

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    West Lafayette
    Check out SimpliSafe. Low cost; easy DIY self-installation; cellular and land-line monitoring included; no contract; 60 day full refund return; 3 year hardware warranty; etc.

On the con side, they are currently missing some sensors. Smoke, CO & glass breakage are not availability at this time.

Another DIY option for a more conventional system: Wireless Home Security Systems | Frontpoint Security

Frontpoint has a minimum 1-year contract, but like SimpliSafe, you can take the system with you if you move.

--Bill

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    ADT is automatically out! I had them in Colorado, but when getting divorced, the house was foreclosed on. However, ADT didn't give a s*it and I still had to pay coverage premiums to them for another 13 months after foreclosure. Then ADT sic'd a collection agency on me for another 12 months payments although my contract had expired. I beat that but ADT basically said, "Too bad, so sad".

I understand the problem with them sending you to collections after the contract expired IF it was not auto renewing. I fail to understand the problem with them asking for payment of contract after foreclosure. You signed the contract, it is a separate contract and has nothing to do with your bank loan.

They are mutually exclusive.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    You signed a contract with them, you're stuck with it til the contract ends or you can transfer the account to another party... as for ADT, we used it for my father-in-law's vacant house while we were trying to sell it... It worked fine for 6 months and then we started getting false alarms at 2 and 3 in the morning... (I live 30 mins from the house) The one motion sensor kept being tripped, but no other sensors.. they replaced it, without cost, we still had it go off a few more times, but set it up so unless another sensor was tripped, ignore the call. Other than that, I had no problems with them at all.

also, you can transfer the account to a new place, and if you move the equipment yourself, it doesn't cost anything... they just have to send someone to reset the zones. (that DOES cost)

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Guardian is good in central Indiana. As slow as LE response is I would look to get a good CCTV system so you can bust the people that rip you off.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    SafeMart

They do my monitoring, and are great. Also about the cheapest around that I could find.

If you are interested in safemart, I have an older panel just sitting around, we could probably work something for cheap. :ingo:

OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    We switched from adt to VIVANT. Couldn't be happier with the system and customer service. Would highly recommend them. Especially over adt.

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    We have F.E. Moran Alarm for our house. It used to be Meyer Protection Services (out of Indianapolis) until last summer when F.E. Moran bought Meyer. [I believe the two owners were friends in college].

It seems to be a high quality setup with lots of options (i.e. cellular backup, battery backup, etc).

http://www.femoransecurity.com/
    F.E. Moran Alarm adds 3,000 residential and commercial accounts with acquisition of Myers Protection Services
    http://www.angieslist.com/companyli...tymyers-protection-services-reviews-89142.htm

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    ADT was great for us, and it even caught someone trying to break in the back window.

You signed the contract.

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel
    DIY. I have a dvr with multiple cameras. All have Motion detection and send me both email and text alerts with a snapshot of the Motion triggering object. No monthly fee and I trust myself rather than a stranger.

Top Bottom