• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Forgive my ignorance, but what's the difference in the leather types? I see the founder's was recommended, but how does the horse hide compare? Is it all about thickness/toughness?

I just get the standard leather, going on at least 5 years and no wear (aside from being molded to my body.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It's like you are in my head. Yes, I have spares. One is none. What good is a gun, if your favorite holster breaks.
    I need to get a spare. the 3 weeks I was out with my warranty repair I had to wear my IWB (that I dont wear bc its uncomfy there) at the 4 oclock. Better than nothing I guess.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Forgive my ignorance, but what's the difference in the leather types? I see the founder's was recommended, but how does the horse hide compare? Is it all about thickness/toughness?
    Horse lasts longer. But if its got a lifetime warranty, why?
    No idea on founders series. And the website doesnt seem to list out the differences like the old one did.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Thanks. Not sure why you'd want Founders for a concealed IWB since nobody else is going to see it.

I guess I'd have to ask somebody who wears designer underwear to explain it to me. :):
    I just prefer it. I have found it less floppy than some of the others, and while not black, stains less than horse hide (sweat, gun oil, etc). Again no big deal on a holster, but a little bit of a plus.

And since I buy them at a deal on crossbreed-seconds it's not really costing me much if any extra.

Last edited:

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    My P365XL fits perfect in my Summer Special 2 made for a 1911 commander.

Milt Sparks website is showing SS2 in stock for 365 and 365 XL now.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm still wearing my Alien Gear iwb holster 3.5. Very comfortable I also carry at 4 o'clock position. I work outside lots of bending, twisting, sometimes falling. I've tried many and it's has been the most comfortable.
    Good customer service as well.

I also still have a few of their leather back holsters as well. Still doing good after 10+ years.

Last edited:

keeph8n

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    I have a QVO Tactical that I run from time to time for IWB in the 4 position. It is designed for appendix, but I have had no issues running it there

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Black arch holsters single clip Protos-M is what I carry my 938 in. I like it better than my crossbreeds.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I run a T-Rex Arms Sidecar without the mag carrier @ 4-4:30. I like that I has 2 attachment points and is adjustable. Have them for a couple of different platforms (M&P, Shadow Systems MR & CR) and haven’t had the slightest bit of problems.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Since I have owned a lot of different styles of holster rigs, my fave seems to go to DeSantis, Don Hume, Galco, Bianchi and Safariland. I prefer leather, pancake style with 3 sets of belt loops to accomodate belts, and loops arrangements.

Also like OWB, but on a change for wearing cargo shorts in summer, I vary to IWB or even pocket holsters too.

I even have a few shoulder holsters, but most serious guns pull your Tshirt down and give you away printing. Fall and winter, no problem because unbuttoned cover shirts are common.

Having A few kydex rigs work well too. IWB with a wide clip on allows easy removal if hitting the Mens Rest station . Keep your firearm secure and not spinning it in and out of your holster.

Do not forget to re install on finish. You don't want to walk out gunless.
    The local PD don't like getting calls of recovered firearms like that. ( You may not get your firearm returned either)
    Good luck, Tupperware makes best storage tubs for those extra holsters.

Top Bottom