• ...and so much more!
  • fzd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fishers
    EPS and EPS carry
    Looks like compact and subcompact 509t using RMR- same as 507c and Shield RMS- same as 507k footprint
    holosun-eps-1080x731.jpg

SCS
    This is interesting: internal battery, solar charging and super low profile - co-witness with standard height sight!

Attachments

• holosun scs.jpg
      holosun scs.jpg
      104 KB · Views: 21

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    The standard sight cowitness is pretty cool! I just bought a 407c last week...wish I'd known this was coming. I wonder what the price will be...

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I personally have a 507k mounted on a Glock 48 and another on a 43x, really excited for the SCS, sagedynamics just posted some thoughts on the SCS --

@holosunoptics SCS. Ultra low-profile mounting option that is a direct fit for the Glock MOS platform and any OEM footprint Holosun decides to make one for. Because the overall height of the optic body is low, standard height sights can be used. The real game changer here is that the SCS has an internal battery that is recharged anytime the solar cell gets light. Add that to the multiple light sensors as part of the auto-adjust only brightness, and you get the smartest auto-adjust optic on the market. Low light, no light and smart enough to adjust for WML and rapid lighting condition changes. As far as battery life goes, I’ve had an SCS for a year without being able to “kill” the battery, sometimes going a week or more with the optic stored in a safe. Pull it out, it’s on, bright and ready to carry. So yeah, it’s pretty neat. As for durability and “duty rated” you’ll have to wait for a video drop. TLDR; it is

Liked his response in the comments RE: Eotech EFLX: "everybody keeps talking about the Eotech like it’s doing anything different. If anything, it’s doing what other optics already have been"

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I'm a holosun convert and swapped out all my Trijicons for the 509T. Excited to see if this option finally convinces me to buy a 43X.
    The 507k, S15 mags / catch make the 43x a fantastic setup, highly recommend. Took the 2 day Sage Dynamics RDS class last year with that exact setup & was on par with the full size handguns when we ran drills. Grip is a perfect size & the holosun reticle is super easy to pickup & short sight radius is no longer a disadvantage.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The EPS model(s) looks interesting. If I make the change to an optic on my Shield, I will look closely at this one.

I'll look it up later but for the sake of conversation and the rest of us here, what is the difference between these and the 507K/407K?

As much as I like Trijicon and I have one on my 2.0 Compact, I am beginning to wonder if I wouldn't be better off with Holosun given my intended use.

Except I do like constant on and no auto-adjust. But I my Romeo has shake awake so I could get used to that.

Who knows, I may end up switching my Compact when/if I buy one for my Shield. You know...to keep things consistent. :)

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    The EPS model(s) looks interesting. If I make the change to an optic on my Shield, I will look closely at this one.

I'll look it up later but for the sake of conversation and the rest of us here, what is the difference between these and the 507K/407K?

As much as I like Trijicon and I have one on my 2.0 Compact, I am beginning to wonder if I wouldn't be better off with Holosun given my intended use.

Except I do like constant on and no auto-adjust. But I my Romeo has shake awake so I could get used to that.

Who knows, I may end up switching my Compact when/if I buy one for my Shield. You know...to keep things consistent. :)
    The EPS vs 507k, The EPS has the more enclosed hood, solar, and 6 moa dot. 509t style.

The SCS got me excited, but it appears to be auto adjust only. It also mentions no need to change the battery, so that leads me to believe it will not be easy to replace the battery when the time comes.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The EPS vs 507k, The EPS has the more enclosed hood, solar, and 6 moa dot. 509t style.

The SCS got me excited, but it appears to be auto adjust only. It also mentions no need to change the battery, so that leads me to believe it will not be easy to replace the battery when the time comes.
    Thanks. I like a 6 moa dot so that's good. I need to learn about the benefits, if any, of the enclosed hood vs open.

If it would help me find the dot faster, I'd be up for that! If not, I'll continue to train, lol.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Thanks. I like a 6 moa dot so that's good. I need to learn about the benefits, if any, of the enclosed hood vs open.

If it would help me find the dot faster, I'd be up for that! If not, I'll continue to train, lol.
    The enclosed hood has two lenses and the emitter is more protected, the open only has one lens. I've never used the enclosed, but I would imagine it cuts down on your FOV. It should also weigh more, I didn't compare the specs of the EPS as they don't really appeal to me.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The enclosed hood has two lenses and the emitter is more protected, the open only has one lens. I've never used the enclosed, but I would imagine it cuts down on your FOV. It should also weigh more, I didn't compare the specs of the EPS as they don't really appeal to me.
    Yeah, I think if I add one to my Shield, it will be the 407K. It has the 6 MOA dot I like and the size is good. Plus it is close enough to my RMR that it should look pretty much the same when using it.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

There is no reason it would help you find the dot faster. Closed emitter though is probably the way of the future for dot sights. If I was using it for duty use that's definitely what I would use. I probably will get one of these and swap it out with my 507k on my 365 XL.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    There is no reason it would help you find the dot faster. Closed emitter though is probably the way of the future for dot sights. If I was using it for duty use that's definitely what I would use. I probably will get one of these and swap it out with my 507k on my 365 XL.
    Maybe I'll wait and see if anyone offloads a 407K for a reasonable price when they just have to have one of these! :)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wonder what the realistic guesstimate of when these make it to retail? Also pricing?

I was just shopping for a second 509T, for my G19 backup. The 509T V2's are going for $429ish. Still some V1's to be had for a hundred or more less.

Top Bottom