Hole Punched in house! Excessive or Necessary?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Look what I highlighted.

regradless of if THIS homeowner was involved or not it will still make others think twice,

You yourself said it. (emphasis added) Whether or not he had anything to do with it, you at least implied you are OK that this happened to the guy because it will make others think twice.

Im hearing you say its OK the cops trashed his house because the ends justifies the means. His loss will (hopefully) be a warning to others.
    You can read into it what you want and still.be wrong.

Go back to the original statement.. I said I didnt know if it was necessary. But it would make others think twice... meaning if this is what they are willing to do to get the fugitive I may get the same treatment.

I never said I was ok with it, for sure never said it was necessary and never said I condoned it, simply it should make others that do harbor criminals think twice about it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sorry. The way you worded it sounded like you couldnt care less about the innocence of this guy. As long as somebody in the future knew not to do it, it sounded like you were ok with just a little bit of injustice for the greater good.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I hear this happening on the police scanner frequently. Radio transmissions of "they are inside, but wont answer the door."

I have no fact to back it up, but I have this feeling that the local district leadership sees frequent fliers repeatedly behaving badly and evading justice. They get fed up with the bad actor's disregard for rule of law and see an opportunity to end the misbehavior. So, they weigh how many man hours they've spent on the perp to date against how much they'll pay in civilian claims and deem it a wash.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have no fact to back it up, but I have this feeling that the local district leadership sees frequent fliers repeatedly behaving badly and evading justice. They get fed up with the bad actor's disregard for rule of law and see an opportunity to end the misbehavior. So, they weigh how many man hours they've spent on the perp to date against how much they'll pay in civilian claims and deem it a wash.
    Except they'll say "not our fault, we arent responsbile for the damage done to retrieve this fugitive. Call your insurance company. "

And the courts have sided with the cops. Repeatedly. Even in accidental damage cases like wrong address no knock warrants where the cops werent even damaging the correct house and the perp wasnt even there! (of course he wasnt)

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Except they'll say "not our fault, we arent responsbile for the damage done to retrieve this fugitive. Call your insurance company. "

And the courts have sided with the cops. Repeatedly. Even in accidental damage cases like wrong address no knock warrants where the cops werent even damaging the correct house and the perp wasnt even there! (of course he wasnt)
    And why do you care? YOU personally will never find yourself in this situation. Because you're not a convicted felon (according to the record).

LE is confronted constantly with this crap of critics ignoring the actions of the bad actor and condemning LE's actions, vilifying their attempt to gain control of the bad actor, ignoring how the perp escalates their actions to evade the law.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And why do you care? YOU personally will never find yourself in this situation. Because you're not a convicted felon (according to the record).

LE is confronted constantly with this crap of critics ignoring the actions of the bad actor and condemning LE's actions, vilifying their attempt to gain control of the bad actor, ignoring how the perp escalates their actions to evade the law.
    Or will I? Wrong address warrants, etc. happen.

And do I really need to quote Niemoller?

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Or will I? Wrong address warrants, etc. happen.

And do I really need to quote Niemoller?
    Dude. Seriously? I get that it makes you mad. But...

LE right now is like a 4 alarm fire with only 2 engines available to respond (Sorry to the LE for making the FD analogy). I mean, yeah, pick your battles. But I in no way believe the chief said "Hey, let's take that new 'Assault Vehicle' out and see what it can do, FTW".

Accurate or not, there had to be enough intel to warrant that action.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Let me be clear. My beef is only with the situations where innocent property owners are getting hosed. You are wanted and they take out the wall of *YOUR* house because you're an idiot that refuses to follow instructions and give yourself up? Ive got no beef. Cops trash an innocent person's property and refuse to take responsibility? THAT is a problem.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    This isn't Communist China and these officers might want to consider immigrating if they think this is acceptable conduct.

I mean hell if you're going this far why not just set the building on fire or ram an armored car into it? I fail to see a significant difference. If they hit a gas line with this stunt they could have got a lot of bystanders killed.

I also would like to know how they were certain this part of the house was clear? Did they break in and do a sweep first? If so, why not take down the perp then?

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

And how long before merely posting the wrong political belief online is enough to make you a felon?

Or the next time they decide to float a gun ban... You get the idea. Already happened in our back yard, to the north.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    And how long before merely posting the wrong political belief online is enough to make you a felon?

Or the next time they decide to float a gun ban... You get the idea. Already happened in our back yard, to the north.

Or, could be practice for their upcoming braced-pistol recovery operations. Got to get those bad boys off the streets, don't you know.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Not just a hole in the wall, but everything you own hosed down in a chemical agent and some doofus from the city locking you out of your own home because it's not suitable for habitation anymore thanks to...the government.

But we don't like the police kicking doors and dragging people out anymore, so I guess this is what we do now. If this goes like other similar cases, the homeowner will be told to take it up with the crook.

Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    So how much you think ISP gave for that Tactical pole hanging off the front of their truck. You know according to someone its high tech. I bet at least 50k.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Dude. Seriously? I get that it makes you mad. But...

LE right now is like a 4 alarm fire with only 2 engines available to respond (Sorry to the LE for making the FD analogy). I mean, yeah, pick your battles. But I in no way believe the chief said "Hey, let's take that new 'Assault Vehicle' out and see what it can do, FTW".

Accurate or not, there had to be enough intel to warrant that action.
    Im curious why the State Police were there, its not like Madison co Sheriffs Office and Anderson PD dont have full service SWAT Teams

Top Bottom