• ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Father in law in N. Vernon tells me that just down the road from him to the south there are tons, and the farmers will be GLAD to let you shoot 'em. Guess you're gonna have to head down the southern part of the state and make some friends.

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Fishers
    I am in southern indiana, and I have seen pictures of hogs killed down here. However, I have never seen a hog with my own eyes. Part of me wants them (to hunt) part of me doesnt' because of the damage to the farm ground. Start looking in southern lawrence county, not to many years ago I read a report in the newspaper that police were called because hogs were tormenting horses on a small farm there. Good Luck

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    There's a known breeding population over on the Warrick-Spencer County line area. Not sure if there is any public land over there so you'd need permission to hunt. I've got some wandering around my area, also. Saw 3 last fall and know where there's a couple wallows down in the creek on the edge of my property. No license is required to hunt them, and AFAIK there is no limitation on what you can use.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Need somethun' heavy...

BTW: The guys that have them in your area: What coloration do they have? Wanna see if they have any Russian in 'em. Those are the hard squealers to take down! I gotta date with a .460 Weatherby again! :D Went hog hunting in KY with Grand dad, TONS of fun and taste that can't be beat!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Just about the only thing you can't use on them is a suppressor...unfortunately.

I do not know if a hunting license is needed or not since wild/feral hogs aren't regulated / managed in IN. Nor are they specifically listed as a nuisance animal (yet)

-J-

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    I dont know about regular hogs...but Ive seen the damage those turds can cause...texas and the southern states are over run with them..

I heard somewhere farmers would pay per head of wild hog...like coyote here in Indiana.

Like MOLES in my yard...little bastards

Would also like to hunt prairie dog out west in the plains states.

God bless
    -shred

Top Bottom