• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Ok guys I need your help on getting my bullets to fly straight, or at least where I aim them. I have a HK usp that I had night sights installed on on. Since the installation (local gunstore) the gun is shooting low left, what do I need to do to correct this. I know they make HK rear sight tools but those are alot of $ for a single brand of pistol. So what is the easiest way for a person to fix this problem w/out a rear sight tool, or what is the preferred method??

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    I wood check the shooter first. Have a friend load some snap caps in a mag, with live rounds also. Shoot at your target. Dollars to dog nuts you're anticipating the shot and "shoveling" the pistol. Just my $.02

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    I wood check the shooter first. Have a friend load some snap caps in a mag, with live rounds also. Shoot at your target. Dollars to dog nuts you're anticipating the shot and "shoveling" the pistol. Just my $.02

Trust me this was the first thing I assumed, but 2 different shooters and 4 different types of ammo:dunno:. I figure the rear fixed sight needs to be adjusted to the left a little, but I'm just not sure how.
    ETA: I owned and shot this pistol for many years before having the new sights put on, before that I had no problems.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The shooting low is gonna be tricky, I'm looking at my USP .40 right now and if the front night sight is laid out anything like the standard sights, you wouldn't even be able to file down the bottom to lower it.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    The shooting low is gonna be tricky, I'm looking at my USP .40 right now and if the front night sight is laid out anything like the standard sights, you wouldn't even be able to file down the bottom to lower it.

HMMM, a file might need to be in the future but I hate to think so though. Any idea if the usp and usp compact would use a different front sight post?

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Well I bet that is 50% of the problem......thanks for the help and now I am just pissed as I'm not sure if they put the appropriate set on.:xmad:

I would take the gun back to where the work was done & tell them it ain't right. If they don't want to fix the problem, If you pay with credit card, you can call your credit card company & complaint about the work, you'll get a refund:yesway:

KingWeb50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    I have the hk sight pusher tool if you want to borrow it. I am in the Fort Wayne area though. I guess I could mail it to you to use if you send it back.

Mr.Strato

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    I'm not thru my 1st cup of coffee, yet, so I may be a little fuzzy.
    Move the rear sight the way you want your group to move.
    He wants that rear sight UP and to the RIGHT.

Top Bottom