• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    CDNN Sports the 1 stop magazine headquarters in the country! Call now days to order though thanks to the political crap. Also GJ1981 and I have U.S.P. full size .40S&W's and we like them a lot.:yesway: Not the same model but still HK right? Only one tip you should know about HK's at least in our experiences they don't like Wolf or Blazer aluminum ammo. The manual even tells you this so it's no big deal. Other than that great gun and who shoots that sh## anymore anyways? Of course me trying to get rid of the last case of old stuff I had. LOL...............:): Should have read the G.D. manual first!:ugh:

Last edited:

versuchstier147

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Indiana
    Finally, Got-R-Did.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=433&pictureid=1997

picture.php

MPD179

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    Very nice gun .... I owned one several years ago but sold it because I never carried it. I also had a MK23 at one time and paid $1800 for it. The only holster I could find for it was an uncle mike's nylon. When carrying the MK23 on my waist it went all the way up under my armpit lol. I had to sell the MK23 to buy the kids Christmas presents after being laid off from work. I do miss both of them .... I now carry the hk45c and it is nice for CC.

Gratz on your purchase!

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    Timjoebillybob said:
    One more thing, put the ammo in the mag the right way and then you'll be all set.

The bullet pointing into the back of the mag is an insider joke. Sometime ago H&K released a catalog at one of the gun shows (was done in a hurry for some reason, without checking it prior to release). Someone placed the ammo in the mag backwards and all of the H&K guys picked up on it.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    Last I checked there's no jet funnel for the .45 version :dunno:

Yep, you're right. Jet funnel is only for 9mm and .40S&W. I forgot about this and am duly embarrassed for stating this incorrectly.

Still trying to get my head around the various options and other...

I was thinking of my Tactical in .40S&W when I wrote this.

Last edited:

versuchstier147

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Indiana
    Don't think I'm not working on it! haha.

Does this thing seriously not have a decocker? wtf???

Having to get my car fixed cost me about a month delay on getting this. FYI Tom Wood Ford will NOT listen to you when you give them specific instructions and will attempt to bullshgruot you every inch of the way.

I was completely amazed to discover how easily this thing was concealed! I was really worried it'd be an OC only item.

Didn't come with a thread protector.. But, it came with an empty shell. (?)

And, I have no idea what you people are talking about. That's the way the bullets are supposed to go. It was in the magazine and I've been shooting them like that for ever. :shoot:

Last edited:

AR Maker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Morgan County-MSG2
    This is all personal preference but here is my beef.

They are plastic and still $700. But hey that's just me. :dunno:

They are no more plastic than a Glock. My thing is i don't like a striker pistol i like my Iron to have a hammer.

Carried Hk USP.40 for more than 15 years now and wouldn't trust anything else if the SHTF

Top Bottom