• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HK Slap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2024
    Richmond
    A P7M8 was a grail gun for me. Luckily, I found a fellow INGO member a few years back that made me a decent deal on one. I would never carry it and rarely shoot it just because of the scarcity of parts.
    Don't be afraid to shoot it. Good news is the M8 is the "easiest" to get spares for. Biggest thing is DON'T use a harsh brush on the gas piston. You will erode the rings using a steel or even a brass brush. It's doesn't need to be inspection clean. Use your favorite solvent and let it soak and wipe off the excess carbon fouling. Here is a video from probably the preeminent HK armorer talking about this.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    At one time in the middle '90s I had two P7 M8s, a P7M13 and a P9S in 45.

I bought mine at Kieslers in Jeffersonville. They had just got a shipment in of the p7 m8s that were trade-ins. Don't know where they got them from but in the same batch they had the p9s which was a Idaho state fish and game gun. It came with 10 magazines, a duty belt with a holster and four mag pouches. It was even engraved on the slide Idaho Fish and Game. That was 95 I think. I ended up getting all three guns for like $600 a piece. The p7 M13 I think I paid $800 for it. But it was almost new in the box with four magazines.

Really wish I would have kept one of the p7 m8s and the p9s. But wife was going to law school I was working full-time and money was tight.

Of all the guns that I have owned and shot over the years, the only one that I could ever say was damn near surgically accurate is the p7.

Now I'm sad and angry that I sold those.
    I think it was the NJ State Police that carried the P7. Kiesler’s definitely carried some cool stuff. First time I saw a Beta Mag was there and it was LE only. Anyway Two of mine are German Police guns and the M8 was found on a table at a gunshow many moons ago. I don’t have over 600 in any of them. I’d love a K3 in 380/22.

HK Slap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2024
    Richmond
    I think it was the NJ State Police that carried the P7. Kiesler’s definitely carried some cool stuff. First time I saw a Beta Mag was there and it was LE only. Anyway Two of mine are German Police guns and the M8 was found on a table at a gunshow many moons ago. I don’t have over 600 in any of them. I’d love a K3 in 380/22.
    The NJSP was behind the development of the M8. They demanded the mag release moved up to the traditional American location, amongst other changes.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I once knew a IL State Trooper that was a deep under cover guy.
    He was involved with motor cycle gangs in the late 70s and early eighties.
    He carried a charter arms bulldog that he spray painted and beat up with tape around the grip. Then switched to a P7 that was rusted and looked like crap. He reasoned that most people could not use it.
    Dude had crazy stories like smoking dope and talking with gang dudes about killing people.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    The NJSP was behind the development of the M8. They demanded the mag release moved up to the traditional American location, amongst other changes.
    I knew that the NJSP used them but didn’t know they were involved in changing the magazine release, interesting. Honestly I prefer the European style release for function and the gun is also a tad slimmer. I always keep my eyes open for P7s and magazines but most people know what they are now and what they’re worth.

HK Slap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2024
    Richmond
    For anyone that's a fan of the P7, this video is the ultimate guide. Be forewarned, it's around 3 hrs long, but it's the definitive P7 video from one of the most respected HK authorities.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I picked up a well-loved M8 years ago when they weren't insane prices and a mint M13 just a few years ago for (relatively) cheap. I shot the M8 quite a bit and yes, under sustained work it gets toasty. Almost don't need sights with it under 20 yards. Part of the reason I stopped using it much is the scars on my thumb web from a high grip and low slide.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I like P7s , but detest how hot they get when shooting myself. Not that it would matter in a SD scenario, but it’s annoying at the range
    You need to stop shooting yourself! JK… Yes they get hot when shot a lot in a session. Anymore I just shoot mine enough to put fresh ammo in the magazines and keep my skills up. The gun is such a natural shooter for me and I love to shoot it. Very accurate, very easy to carry concealed and just a pleasure to shoot.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    As if that is needed.
    My uncle is a self made multimillionaire, and only has a 7th grade education.

I put all my effort into the Chemistry portion of my BS and it has so far paid off quite well. :ingo:

Now back to kinda on topic, I need someone to talk me off the MK23 ledge. I finally played with one at the IGC a couple weekends back, it actually was not bad in the hand despite being huge.

I kind want one just because in all honesty , but I would think really hard about having the slide milled as I am not a fan of the tiny sights on that gun.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I put all my effort into the Chemistry portion of my BS and it has so far paid off quite well. :ingo:

Now back to kinda on topic, I need someone to talk me off the MK23 ledge. I finally played with one at the IGC a couple weekends back, it actually was not bad in the hand despite being huge.

I kind want one just because in all honesty , but I would think really hard about having the slide milled as I am not a fan of the tiny sights on that gun.
    My uncle started in a small shop he rented, and his business took off, he kept renting bigger and bigger buildings until he had enough to build a factory. Then one factory turned to two. Now my cousins run it/company.
    He worked right out there with the workers until he turned it over to his boys at 70yo.

Go for it. I wanted one back when they came out. Never got one. So if you can afford one grab it. I hear you can shoot 45 Super in them as well. Or some very spicy 45acp.

Top Bottom