• ...and so much more!
  • Dstewart73

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Indy
    Okay I know there will be a lot of naysayers.
    My 21 year old HK 40 P2000sk now has new life. I bought a new 9mm barrel from HK for my P2000sk. Asked about changing the springs but was told no need to do that.
    Installed the barrel and loaded up my .40 cal mags with 9mm. Off to the range. 107 rounds fired without a problem of any kind. Needless to say I am elated to now have a weapon I can shoot 40 or 9mm through.

glockman23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indy
    My 21 year old HK 40 P2000sk now has new life. I bought a new 9mm barrel from HK for my P2000sk. Asked about changing the springs but was told no need to do that.
    Installed the barrel and loaded up my .40 cal mags with 9mm. Off to the range. 107 rounds fired without a problem of any kind. Needless to say I am elated to now have a weapon I can shoot 40 or 9mm through.
    Nice to know. I have the 357sig barrel for my .40 P2000. It's useless as I can't find ammo reasonably priced. I was under the impression you had to change springs etc to run 9mm. I'm on the hunt for a 9mm barrel now. Thanks

Dstewart73

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Indy
    Nice to know. I have the 357sig barrel for my .40 P2000. It's useless as I can't find ammo reasonably priced. I was under the impression you had to change springs etc to run 9mm. I'm on the hunt for a 9mm barrel now. Thanks
    HK rep said they use the same springs. Mine worked flawlessly.
    I forgot how much I like the “lem” trigger.

Last edited:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn

Q: How did you get 9mm to stay in the .40 caliber magazines...? If anything, I would recommend using 9mm magazines so as to avoid failure-to-feed and stove-pipe jams.
    In Glocks...I've always used the same spring for 9mm, .40 S&W, and .357SIG...never had an ejection issue!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    357 sig is available all over the place. Just depends on your price per round cut off and everyone has a different line in the sand.
    I tend to buy online and have found that gun broker tends to offer a variety of .357SIG.
    I've used Buffalo Bore ammo for many applications as well...
    Over the past several years, I've leaned more towards http://www.littlestonesrus.com/ and have found their reloading program to be excellent, cost-wise.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.

Dstewart73

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Indy
    Q: How did you get 9mm to stay in the .40 caliber magazines...? If anything, I would recommend using 9mm magazines so as to avoid failure-to-feed and stove-pipe jams.
    In Glocks...I've always used the same spring for 9mm, .40 S&W, and .357SIG...never had an ejection issue!
    The 40 mag and 9 mag are the same dimensions. The only slight difference is opening for the bullet is a tad wider. Doesn’t seem to bother the function. Shot another 100 rounds of different defense ammo today without a hiccup.

Top Bottom