• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbrownrfn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 6, 2012
    Indy
    Stopped in this shop today for the first time was very impressive clean organized place one of the nicest gun shops ive been to. Didnt have time to try the range out but looked nice. Best of all before I left the owners a father and son made sure to introduce themselves and talk to me for a while about training they offer as well. Very good first impression and to me that means the most. I live in Greenwood but for sure will make more trips to that shop for sure.:draw:

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    They are good guys.

I like it when I frequent a gun shop and the employees and owners start to recognize me.

Just makes you feel better about spending money there.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Couldn't agree more... SUPER nice guys there. My son and I hit their range when it gets too cold to be outside. The entire place is always clean, and when I was first starting to shoot, they were pretty cool about coming in to give me little tips/pointers to help me tune-up my form. It's a bit of a drive, but absolutely worth it. In fact, my son and I were just talking about heading there again at some point over Christmas break time.

Not sure if he's still there, but one of their archery guys was in a wheelchair, and was unbelievably good. My son and I watched him shred a target with his compound bow, really amazing to watch him in action.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Went in yesterday for the first time and used one of the archery lanes. Mark did a really nice job with the store, I'll definitely be going back.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Not sure if he's still there, but one of their archery guys was in a wheelchair, and was unbelievably good.

they do have a physically disabled employee (who talked me into a sweet holster after pulling his Glock out from underneath his wheelchair...out of said holster) and also, recently, Mark the owner was in a wheelchair after injuring himself.
    I cannot speak enough good things about this awesome gunshop. And it's a mile down the road from me.
    even after Gander Mountain is built here in Greenfield...I will still do my gun/accessories/ammo shopping at Highsmith

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I've had great dealings with them as well. Got a great deal on my last pistol, and will be back to help lighten their inventory of an SR22 when I get the cash.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    The best thing (well besides selection and service) is they don't freak out about having a holster gun on you. Image that a gun shop that allows carry.

Userdenied

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Glad others are having good experiences with High Smith as well. A friend of mine knows the owners pretty well through work and has always talked about how great they are. I haven't had the chance to make it over to see the new shop/range, but I bought my first pistol there (SR9c) in the middle of the post election panic and was very impressed that they hadn't skyrocketed their prices. Good, fair, friendly people!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Been there a few times. Bought some things they had on the discount table and shot on the range a couple times. Nice shop and friendly staff. :yesway:

Top Bottom