• ...and so much more!
  • strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    ok someone help me out here. this guy was sentenced to 45 years in 1989 for

"in 1989, Moone was jailed for 45 years by a Travis County jury. According to court records, he broke into a home armed with a knife and tried to sexually assault a 13-year-old girl."

and now he's escaped the halfway house he was in..... and if he is high risk why would they parole him? why would they ever let him out?

Read more: High-risk sex offender on the run in Texas after cutting off electronic tag | Fox News

jake

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    It's Texas. They probably let him out to train their dogs.

that could be! but i do find it odd that Texas would release him like this considering they crank out the death penalty as rapidly as they do. i thought they were more hard core than this

jake

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    In a better scenario, the child's father would have walked in on the thug while it was molesting the child and dispatched it.

Sadly, that did not happen.

Now we get this instead.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    In a better scenario, the child's father would have walked in on the thug while it was molesting the child and dispatched it.

Now we get this instead.

i agree 100%! a full grown man in my house going after my child....... not good

jake

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Now we get this instead.

We must be understanding! Such persons clearly act as they do because of a serious mineral deficiency. The proper response is to act promptly to remedy the deficiency of lead in their bodies such that they will not ever again be a threat to anyone.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    We must be understanding! Such persons clearly act as they do because of a serious mineral deficiency. The proper response is to act promptly to remedy the deficiency of lead in their bodies such that they will not ever again be a threat to anyone.

that'll preach brotha!

jake

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    This is why there should be a real set of Boondock Saints. The fact this guy didn't swing from a tree in the first place is disgusting enough, but for him to ever be in a halfway house is worse.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    They probably needed to make room in the prison for really dangerous criminals like pot smokers.

Sadly this is probably true.

This is why there should be a real set of Boondock Saints. The fact this guy didn't swing from a tree in the first place is disgusting enough, but for him to ever be in a halfway house is worse.

:yesway::yesway::yesway:

And Shepherds we shall beFor thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
    Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Texas has half-way houses for sex offenders? Many states use civil commitment to keep these guys (mostly) behind bars, even after they've "done their time".

Strange that Texas would let them roam...

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    yes he should have hung from a tree.

the part that gets me is they labeled him "dangerous" why would you release someone who is a danger to society?

i hope they get this guy before he preys on someone else

jake

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I would never condone this clod's actions. The sentence should have been longer (or more permanent?) , in my opinion.

We have people above in this thread advocating going vigilante on people such as this molester.

We have had others (in other threads in the past) advocate throwing them into wood chippers. alive.

May I point out, though, that in another thread, we discussed a case here in Indiana (IIRC) a man was freed after nine years in prison FALSELY accused AND convicted of similar crimes. This is NOT an isolated case. I PERSONALLY am aware of another case of someone falsely accused. A friend of mine's father. Later released after years in jail, loss of job, position, family etc.

While I agree with stern punishment, "the archer must be sure of his aim."

What would we say AFTER we threw an innocent man in the wood chipper? "Sorry, Bub" just doesn't seem to cut it.

Some of us may be more confident in our system to make all the right calls than I am.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I don't understand why any kind of sex crime doesn't automatically have a penalty of life without parole or just death.

Like it was mentioned above, even after they've done their time, they're still kept seperate from society.

How is a sex offender supposed to get a job, have friends, any kind of normal human experience?

It's basically a life sentence without anyone having the balls to actually call a spade a spade.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I would never condone this clod's actions. The sentence should have been longer (or more permanent?) , in my opinion.

We have people above in this thread advocating going vigilante on people such as this molester.

We have had others (in other threads in the past) advocate throwing them into wood chippers. alive.

May I point out, though, that in another thread, we discussed a case here in Indiana (IIRC) a man was freed after nine years in prison FALSELY accused AND convicted of similar crimes. This is NOT an isolated case. I PERSONALLY am aware of another case of someone falsely accused. A friend of mine's father. Later released after years in jail, loss of job, position, family etc.

While I agree with stern punishment, "the archer must be sure of his aim."

What would we say AFTER we threw an innocent man in the wood chipper? "Sorry, Bub" just doesn't seem to cut it.

Some of us may be more confident in our system to make all the right calls than I am.

Amen to that.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I don't understand why any kind of sex crime doesn't automatically have a penalty of life without parole or just death.

Like it was mentioned above, even after they've done their time, they're still kept seperate from society.

How is a sex offender supposed to get a job, have friends, any kind of normal human experience?

It's basically a life sentence without anyone having the balls to actually call a spade a spade.
    So an 18 year old has sex with his 16 year old girlfriend gets convicted of statutory rape and you want him killed?

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    So an 18 year old has sex with his 16 year old girlfriend gets convicted of statutory rape and you want him killed?

I don't want him killed, society does.

For the record, I am against registration, or any kind of restriction on employment due to past convictions or felonies.

If we don't think a person has been punished enough or properly or rehabilitated, then don't let them out. This "you're free, but not really" penal system just pushes people back into crime.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I don't want him killed, society does.

For the record, I am against registration, or any kind of restriction on employment due to past convictions or felonies.

If we don't think a person has been punished enough or properly or rehabilitated, then don't let them out. This "you're free, but not really" penal system just pushes people back into crime.

I will see your truthful observations and raise you a foundational problem: Our entire criminal (in)justice system has turned into a revenue-generating device (with occasional pandering to the mob) with little if any regard for truth or justice.

Top Bottom