High Rise Building Fire - Account for staff how?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TR1032

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Johnson County
    Office monitors in each small functional team, who report to a floor coordinator, who report to an incident coordinator.

Each responsibility has primary and secondary (at least one) designees to ensure coverage.

Check in takes place at a designated rally point safely distanced from the structure.

Marked and colored vests make identification of coordinators and command personnel easy to identify from a distance.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Office monitors in each small functional team, who report to a floor coordinator, who report to an incident coordinator.

Each responsibility has primary and secondary (at least one) designees to ensure coverage.

Check in takes place at a designated rally point safely distanced from the structure.

Marked and colored vests make identification of coordinators and command personnel easy to identify from a distance.
    That's about how it worked pre-covid. Today a lot of teams will have at most one person on site.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    That's about how it worked pre-covid. Today a lot of teams will have at most one person on site.
    Thus the inital question.
    Currently I have at least one entire floor with zero schedule people on it.
    :(

Thank you all for your replies.
    Keep them coming.
    I will post again next week with what options we will go with, what the Chicago fire department recommends for high rise buildings and what other cities are testing as well.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'm sure. We have 8 floors, and I would guess less than 30 people onsite per day. When we do return, the standard will be each person will need to go in a handful of days a month. This will be an ongoing problem,

Top Bottom