• ...and so much more!
  • MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Update:

Have caught a bit of a bug and probably won't be going out on the town this weekend. Think I need to postpone until I'm not coughing / hacking / wheezing my way through a meal.

All the choices make me go into overload-mode.

Might as well go to Hard Rock & grab a burger.
    -J-
    feel better and don't give it to the babies.

I am no help on your choice. but when you do get out, enjoy and have a happy anniversary

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    ok, J, I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. I guess everyone else gets in on it, too....

Ready?

Hardee's @ 135 & Stop 11. Trust me, really.

Seriously, though, what type of food does your wife really go for? Italian? Steak? Asian?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    feel better and don't give it to the babies.

I am no help on your choice. but when you do get out, enjoy and have a happy anniversary

Doing my bestest not to transmit my cooties to anyone else in the family! Hard not to want to hold and cuddle on our fat little son, though. :rofl:

Our daughter is almost 2.5 - and in full-swing as a two-year-old. Oy Vey. It's easy not to want to hold and cuddle her. :D

ok, J, I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. I guess everyone else gets in on it, too....

Ready?

Hardee's @ 135 & Stop 11. Trust me, really.

Seriously, though, what type of food does your wife really go for? Italian? Steak? Asian?

HAH! She works just across the street from there. No way she's going to spend MORE time in that area!

She's a steak & tater's girl through and through... Which is both fortunate and unfortunate. She doesn't like to experiment / do "different".

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Take a huge chunk of salt with Yelp. Some of the reviews are OK, but too many are just moaning and *****ing by buttheads. Urban Spoon does a better job.

i actually meant urban spoon, thanks. to the OP, really depends on what you're in the mood for. there is a GREAT irish pub that i highly recommend,on the south side of the circle. can't name it for the life of me.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    My brother swears by the Eagles Nest.

Recently, wife and I went to Ricks Boatyard. It was nice.

But, the absolute best restaurant I have EVER been to, is, Boulder Creek in Brownsburg. May even be going there on Saturday.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    i actually meant urban spoon, thanks. to the OP, really depends on what you're in the mood for. there is a GREAT irish pub that i highly recommend,on the south side of the circle. can't name it for the life of me.

Claddagh?

My brother swears by the Eagles Nest.

Recently, wife and I went to Ricks Boatyard. It was nice.

But, the absolute best restaurant I have EVER been to, is, Boulder Creek in Brownsburg. May even be going there on Saturday.

Eagle's Nest IS on the radar...

Rick's isn't on the list due to geography.

We've been to Boulder Creek a few times, actually. My folks have taken us to dinner oncet or twiced. Their sister restaurant in Greenwood is supposed to be rather good, too, but I've not been in that one.

I think, though, now that the date has been postponed...that we'll probably go to Morton's. That sounds fun.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Well CRAP.

I SHOULD be healthy enough on Friday for a nice dinner date...

But that stupid NASCAR race is in town. Granted, a different crowd than the Indy 500 - but I bet dinner seating will still be tight. Sat. night will probably be tighter than Friday, though.

There's still hope!

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Claddagh?

Eagle's Nest IS on the radar...

Rick's isn't on the list due to geography.

We've been to Boulder Creek a few times, actually. My folks have taken us to dinner oncet or twiced. Their sister restaurant in Greenwood is supposed to be rather good, too, but I've not been in that one.

I think, though, now that the date has been postponed...that we'll probably go to Morton's. That sounds fun.

Claddaggh yes, I highly recommend. Also highly recommend Alcatraz, Rock Bottom is nice but Alcatraz is better IMO. Both have good beer, depending on the season. Rock Bottom Oktoberfest beer is I think the best I've ever had.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Claddaggh yes, I highly recommend. Also highly recommend Alcatraz, Rock Bottom is nice but Alcatraz is better IMO. Both have good beer, depending on the season. Rock Bottom Oktoberfest beer is I think the best I've ever had.

Alcatraz has been closed for a couple of years now.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Reservations have been made and Vitamink has been put on alert!

And I ain't tellin' where we're going. I don't need/want any of you goofballs showing up. Hehe

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I realize the original purpose of this thread is likely moot at this point, but I figured I'd drop a little hint to anybody who might wonder across it:

Wife and I just got back from dinner at "The Eagle's Nest" the rotating restaurant atop the Hyatt. We aren't foodies and maybe it is just that we are easily impressed but we could not have been happier. Spectacular 360 degree views, watched the jumbo tron in Lucas Oil and watched the lights come on in Downtown. Food was superb, we loved the prime rib and the New York strip.

We made the reservation using OpenTable.com. I had heard of it but never used it before. It allows you to make reservations at a number of restaurants, usually the more upscale ones. Every reservation you make is 100% free. You also get rewards points towards gift cards. If you book at certain restaurants at slightly off peak hours (such as Eagles Nest at 6:00 on a weeknight) you get 1000 points, halfway to a 20$ gift card!

SOCOM242

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    I've loved St. Elmos and Fogo each time I've been there. Eddie Merlot on 96th street is pretty good, as is Ruth's Chris.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    We ended up dining at Fogo de Chao!

Absolutely fantastic. I'd love to go back...just don't know if I'll ever get another chance. Unless one of my wife's friends takes us as he's threatened to do.

Good food. I think I had 10 or so of the 16 cuts of meat they offer. And not nearly enough vegetables...but that's OK. Vegetables are what food eats...

-J-

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I had Fogo for the first time today. It was a life-changing experience...well maybe not that deep. The food was amazing, and the service was equal to the quality of the food. I ate more than I'm used to eating though, and have been feeling it the past few hours. "Self-discipline" should be written on the tablecloth.

We had Rick's Boatyard for the first time last weekend. I'm not a seafood eater so I went with chicken instead. The food didn't blow me away, but the view was wonderful and made it well worth it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    We ended up dining at Fogo de Chao!

Absolutely fantastic. I'd love to go back...just don't know if I'll ever get another chance. Unless one of my wife's friends takes us as he's threatened to do.

Good food. I think I had 10 or so of the 16 cuts of meat they offer. And not nearly enough vegetables...but that's OK. Vegetables are what food eats...

-J-

Good call. I've yet to be disappointed with a trip to Fogo.

Top Bottom