• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    My current work/dress belt has seen better days. I could also use a new good jeans belt. I see no reason why these should not be good carry belts as well. But I am a big guy. With an in waist band carry, I need a 50 inch belt. Most sites go to 46. I like the MTAC setup, and will probably go with it, but they never returned my queries about oversize belts. Where do the big boys out there get their belts?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Crossbreed says they will make any size, but they won't take returns on sizes out of a certain range.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have a Crossbreed belt and I'm in your range. I think it's pretty good, but I don't have much to compare with. No problems.

kong1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Pendleton
    Wilderness belts are top notch. I prefer this to leather and feel that it will last longer. The frequent flyer model is supposed to go thru metal detectors too if that means anything to you. I have the instructor belt and like it real well and am a bit bigger than you.....Kong
    - Wilderness Tactical Products, LLC

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I do not think Wilderness style would work for my dress belt. Might be interesting for jeans though. Does having back side velcro affect any of the recommendations? I think a velcro cliped MTAC will be my setup. Edit: Looks like beltman has velcro option.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My current work/dress belt has seen better days. I could also use a new good jeans belt. I see no reason why these should not be good carry belts as well. But I am a big guy. With an in waist band carry, I need a 50 inch belt. Most sites go to 46. I like the MTAC setup, and will probably go with it, but they never returned my queries about oversize belts. Where do the big boys out there get their belts?

Hey, PeeWee! Gun Belts by The Belt Man will make one for you in any size you want. Make sure you get the liner between the two layers of leather to make it stiffer.

You should get a Wilderness belt as well (also with the polymer liner to make it stiff). Again, they'll make it any size you want.

Another company that will make an instructor's belt to fit you is IST Designs at CrossTac | Home. They only do 1-3/4 inch width, but their customer service is excellent.

rodeoclown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Uncle mikes makes one like the wilderness it is great goes up to 50-54 i paid 22.00 dollars for mine works great i love it

BIG TIM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fountaintown
    Find yourself a leather shop. A belt is an easy thing to make and I am sure that they will make it any way you want it. If you cant find one near you ,I know of a couple in the Indy area.

Top Bottom