• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    In the RK Guns ads the Heritage Rough Riders always say not available in Illinois. I was just wondering if anyone knew why they are not available in Illinois.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    The "alloy" frame rough rider is prohibited in Illinois. So I have to assume it is because of the alloy frame. Maybe they can be melted down too easy??

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Firearms with alloy components (not the parts themselves apparently) are banned for general sale by FFLs in IL:

(720 ILCS 5/24-3) (from Ch. 38, par. 24-3)
    Sec. 24-3. Unlawful sale or delivery of firearms.
    (A) A person commits the offense of unlawful sale or delivery of firearms when he or she knowingly does any of the following:
    (h) While holding any license as a dealer, importer, manufacturer or pawnbroker under the federal Gun Control Act of 1968, manufactures, sells or delivers to any unlicensed person a handgun having a barrel, slide, frame or receiver which is a die casting of zinc alloy or any other nonhomogeneous metal which will melt or deform at a temperature of less than 800 degrees Fahrenheit.
    For purposes of this paragraph, (1) "firearm" is defined as in the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act; and (2) "handgun" is defined as a firearm designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand, and includes a combination of parts from which such a firearm can be assembled.

"unlicensed person" here refers to someone who doesn't hold an FFL

I can only assume that there was a rash of crimes committed by firearms that were then "lost" in a fire.
    Sounds like the steel models of the HRR are available, though RK may not sell any of them for simplicity.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I can only assume that there was a rash of crimes committed by firearms that were then "lost" in a fire.
    Sounds like the steel models of the HRR are available, though RK may not sell any of them for simplicity.

No, probably because they're cheap to make and sell - at least in some part, a racist gun law.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Thanks for the info guys. I was just curious as to why a six shot 22lr revolver would not be allowed. I never thought about it being easier to melt down.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    old attempts to outlaw the "Saturday Night Special"

[video=youtube_share;3vF66CsYEnc]https://youtu.be/3vF66CsYEnc[/video]

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Firearms with alloy components (not the parts themselves apparently) are banned for general sale by FFLs in IL:

(720 ILCS 5/24-3) (from Ch. 38, par. 24-3)
    Sec. 24-3. Unlawful sale or delivery of firearms.
    (A) A person commits the offense of unlawful sale or delivery of firearms when he or she knowingly does any of the following:
    (h) While holding any license as a dealer, importer, manufacturer or pawnbroker under the federal Gun Control Act of 1968, manufactures, sells or delivers to any unlicensed person a handgun having a barrel, slide, frame or receiver which is a die casting of zinc alloy or any other nonhomogeneous metal which will melt or deform at a temperature of less than 800 degrees Fahrenheit.
    For purposes of this paragraph, (1) "firearm" is defined as in the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act; and (2) "handgun" is defined as a firearm designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand, and includes a combination of parts from which such a firearm can be assembled.

"unlicensed person" here refers to someone who doesn't hold an FFL

Yup, doesn't seem to be enforced though. Ive seen them for sale plenty of places.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for the info guys. I was just curious as to why a six shot .22lr revolver would not be allowed. I never thought about it being easier to melt down.

You never thought about because it's so far out of the realm of reality.
    No plastic guns would be for sale if melting was really the issue.

The melting point is just a way of objectively identifying cheap metal, and in turn, cheap guns.

Top Bottom