• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I had a Henry .22 pump rifle that was made in 2004. I had posted it for sale here, but there was little interest, so I just kept plinking with it. Then it began having light firing pin strikes about 10% - 20% of the time. I contacted Henry about the problem and they sent me a shipping label to send it to them.
    Three and a half weeks later, I received a package delivery. I don't know if they didn't have the parts to fix it or just didn't want to mess with it, but they sent me a brand new octagon barreled .22 pump rifle.
    I believe THAT is outstanding customer service. This one is so pretty I may just hang on to it.:)

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I had similar experience, with a Ruger MkII target pistol probably 30 years ago. I was so tickled I bought a Super Redhawk for the next deer season. It is good to know that some places will stand by their product.

Some current companies will not even supply repairs past warranty if you are willing to pay for them.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    That's awesome. I've heard great things about Henry's Customer Service. Thankfully haven't had to use it.

I did email them to find out the mfg. date for my .357 Big Boy and had a quick response.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Last year, my brand new Golden Boy was having problems with a difficult to remove mag tube plunger. I e-mailed Henry advising them of the problem. They shipped a new plunger to me within a week.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Huh. When ruger replaced my 10/22, they told me that since it was a different gun, it had to go through ffl. Cost me $25
    Same thing Ruger did to me with my son's Wrangler. I'm curious as well if Henry custom-stamped the OP's gun with the same S/N.

Good to hear a good story about Henry CS, though. We just picked up an H001 Lever-action .22. Nice little gun, good to know they'll stand behind it.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Bought a Big Boy Silver 357 about 5 years ago , rifle shot really good but noticed a lot of copper fouling in the bore , sent pics to Henry and they immediately sent a label. I asked once they had it if they could swap out the standrard lever for a large loop which they did at no charge. They replaced the barrel and cleaned it up so well I thought it was a new gun! Guns shoots great and I was more than pleased with Henry fully standing behind their product.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Could be they stamped it with the serial number he had.

Nope. Cant do that. Once you stamp it, its permanent. Cant destroy and re-issue with the same number.

Fully within the fed law.
    Yep. Crazy, but I also had a replacement shipped direct to me after service. There apparently is a loophole that says Once you get a specific gun it can be replaced with and equivalent without going through the transfer again. Or multiple manufacturers are breaking the law. :dunno:

Just dont tell old Joe, he'll try to plug that hole, guaranteed.

morve80

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 12, 2023
    Speedway
    Nope. Cant do that. Once you stamp it, its permanent. Cant destroy and re-issue with the same number.

Yep. Crazy, but I also had a replacement shipped direct to me after service. There apparently is a loophole that says Once you get a specific gun it can be replaced with and equivalent without going through the transfer again. Or multiple manufacturers are breaking the law. :dunno:

Just dont tell old Joe, he'll try to plug that hole, guaranteed.
    S&W told me it had to go through an ffl for replacement. Although mine was a pistol. I had good customer service from S&W too.

Top Bottom