• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I've read a lot of your suggestions and still did not come to a definitive conclusion. I need your help. Looking for 2 scopes.
    1. Rem 700 in .308-used primarily for target and maybe an occasional hunting trip. I'll probably max out at 600 yards but most often will be 300-500. And put a $500 cap on it. I've been looking at Nikon M308 and have used it at 100 yards and liked it. I liked the "tactical" turrets even though they could have been a little more positive. MilDot preferred, but can adapt to BDC.
    2. Rem 700 in .223-same scenario (with possibility of being moved over to a 20" heavy AR)

If I'm off base just let me know. Probably use 2pc mounts since neither is a DBM. So I am open to mounts and rings as well.

Also, which lines are you a dealer for? I've looked at Burris, Bushnell, Nikon and Leupold.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I've read a lot of your suggestions and still did not come to a definitive conclusion. I need your help. Looking for 2 scopes.
    1. Rem 700 in .308-used primarily for target and maybe an occasional hunting trip. I'll probably max out at 600 yards but most often will be 300-500. And put a $500 cap on it. I've been looking at Nikon M308 and have used it at 100 yards and liked it. I liked the "tactical" turrets even though they could have been a little more positive. MilDot preferred, but can adapt to BDC.
    2. Rem 700 in .223-same scenario (with possibility of being moved over to a 20" heavy AR)

If I'm off base just let me know. Probably use 2pc mounts since neither is a DBM. So I am open to mounts and rings as well.

Also, which lines are you a dealer for? I've looked at Burris, Bushnell, Nikon and Leupold.

Im a dealer for Vortex, Nikon, Sightron, and a whole bunch of other companies. I mainly stock Vortex because most of my customers want the most return on their investment. The one's that dont want the most return on investment I can order anything.

Tactical turrets are a detriment if the scope does not track, or the turrets are so soft you accidentally bump them. If your going to go the tactical turret route I suggest bumping the budget to 559 and going with this. It comes in MIL/MIL, or MOA/MOA

Vortex Optics - Viper HS-T 4-16x44 VMR-1<br />(MRAD)

If the purpose and budget is the same on the 223 my recomedation would be the same.

Even though your rifle does not have a DBM I would still use a 1 piece base. You will still be able to load the rifle without issues, and it makes for a much more reliable setup.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Sorry to have to rush in and then leave, but good to meet you and thanks for the advice. I'm actually at the hotel looking at another building about 500yards away and I'm gonna say the Vortex is leaps and bounds better than the Nikon I was comparing it to. Can't wait to get home and mount it so I can go zero it in.

Thanks again.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Sorry to have to rush in and then leave, but good to meet you and thanks for the advice. I'm actually at the hotel looking at another building about 500yards away and I'm gonna say the Vortex is leaps and bounds better than the Nikon I was comparing it to. Can't wait to get home and mount it so I can go zero it in.

Thanks again.

I knew you would be pleased when you had time to sit and look at it.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Last year I got the HST from you in MOA/MOA 4-16x44 and I'm still very pleased with it. Now I'm looking at the HST and PST 6-24x50s. Going on another Rem 700 that will be shot at a max of 800 yards for a while. Mostly midday and sun use but the occasional overcast days and a hunting trip to Texas (no more than once per year). PST worth the extra money due to the dusk usage in Texas? Or stick with the HST? Again thanks for all of your help.

I'll be heading to Ohio but no time to stop in this year.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Last year I got the HST from you in MOA/MOA 4-16x44 and I'm still very pleased with it. Now I'm looking at the HST and PST 6-24x50s. Going on another Rem 700 that will be shot at a max of 800 yards for a while. Mostly midday and sun use but the occasional overcast days and a hunting trip to Texas (no more than once per year). PST worth the extra money due to the dusk usage in Texas? Or stick with the HST? Again thanks for all of your help.

I'll be heading to Ohio but no time to stop in this year.

PM inbound

Top Bottom