• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Talkinghalls

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2020
    NW Indiana
    First of all, I love the runner bag, perfect for running with a G19. Normally I run in the early mornings so I don’t sweat much.

I went on a camping trip recently to Johnson’s Shut Ins in Missouri, and sweated my ass off until the point of almost heat exhaustion.

No damage done to me or the bag, however how the heck do I get the sweat smell out of the bag? Dish soap and drying rack?

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    My sons always wash there web gear and other equipment in those net laundry bags with regular laundry soap. The hang to dry, outside if its warm.
    I'll second this. The dryer is usually the problem so make sure to put it on a drying rack.

Great bag, I've carried mine for years. I kind of wish it would wear out, so I could justify buying a waxed canvas one.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    My sons always wash there web gear and other equipment in those net laundry bags with regular laundry soap. The hang to dry, outside if its warm.
    Cool. My HPG bag is getting pretty ripe, too. I was wondering about how to wash it without entanglement in the washer. Just chuck it in a mesh bag, nice.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Cool. My HPG bag is getting pretty ripe, too. I was wondering about how to wash it without entanglement in the washer. Just chuck it in a mesh bag, nice.
    My Thing 1 & 2 learned while serving where the daily temps are 115 to 124*
    Even at home, yesterday was 119* for the men and women at 29 Palms.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    What detergent do they use nowadays?
    I ask because most detergents make your web gear, BDU's glow when hit with IR.
    Ivory bar soap was a go to back in the day, but I hope they now have a detergent out that actually works without destroying your uniforms vs IR.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Ivory bar soap was a go to back in the day, but I hope they now have a detergent out that actually works without destroying your uniforms vs IR.
    One son responded with Cheer liquid or powder or woolite.

BlueDrew2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Hancock Co
    I can't remember the name of them but they make quite a few different liquid detergents without optical brighteners which is what I believe you are referencing. Woolite does sound right as creedmoor referenced but its been a few years since I've had to worry about these things.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I was thinking more along the lines of soaking and swishing it around in a 5 gal bucket with some tide and then rinsing it with the garden hose and letting it air dry

Top Bottom