• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    OP when you go home I promise that if it is anywhere between 2 and 7pm you will save anywhere from a half to an hour taking the toll way rather than the freeway to 65 no matter what your GPS tells you.
    Downtown has such a weird vibe now, I grew up in the city and took advantage of all the entertainment I could from my late teens to my mid 30's. Be it 3pm or 5am I always felt safe and it was all about fun, things started changing a couple of years before covoid. After dark now I am uncomfortable and just want to get the hell out of there. When I talk to co workers, family, and friends they all feel the same way. Leading up to Christmas I had to be downtown a couple of times, they literally had a cop car parked every couple of blocks with all their flashing lights on and lots of cop cars patrolling also with all their flashers on. It was surrealistic and bizarre. Downtown was packed and I just kept asking myself why anyone would enjoy that experience.
    Your time frame for the traffic is off. It is now $10 to cross the Skyway and take the Indiana Toll Road to 65. I94 will generally add 10-15 minutes to your trip. So I found it generally is not worth the cost of taking the Skyway and Indiana Toll Road, except maybe from 4-6 on a weekday. The Ryan is always the worst part of the trip, and that in part is shared by both routes.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    ****, if nothing else, mbills should be banned for choosing "223" over "556".

What the hell is it with people these days?
    Hah...actually I've been using this username for various logins since well before I knew a thing about guns. When I was a kid I thought 2223 was my lucky number, and I kept using it for logins because mbills was never available.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Stony Island to the Skyway? At least it's unlikely you'll get caught in any traffic jams, but the drive to get to the Skyway may be a bit creepy (although the Dan Ryan may be worse). Keep an eye peeled at stoplights!
    That is not really a path I would recommend for a tourist. It's not a straight marked path. Depending upon exactly where they are staying it could even take a lot longer.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Your time frame for the traffic is off. It is now $10 to cross the Skyway and take the Indiana Toll Road to 65. I94 will generally add 10-15 minutes to your trip. So I found it generally is not worth the cost of taking the Skyway and Indiana Toll Road, except maybe from 4-6 on a weekday. The Ryan is always the worst part of the trip, and that in part is shared by both routes.
    That is my commute home almost every day during rush hour for the past 10 years. Taking the Ryan and it is at least 20 minutes more than GPS says, Take the Skyway and I am home at least 15 minutes sooner than GPS says. Ryan used to be the bottleneck but now traffic is a mess until 159th St. This is far worse than it used to be, one explanation would be the huge influx of people moving to Indiana and driving into the city but they are not exiting the highway at 159th. Your experience may be different but I know what I go through every day.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Come on now.....

There is some great pizza in that ****hole.....but that ain't it!
    Heh. In fact, my best friend since high school in the Chicago suburbs gave me a ride back from Chicago last Wednesday after I dropped off my late wife's car to my son. His "excuse" for the trip? Nothing down here compares to Chicago pizza. Of course, we ate our pizza in Crown Point, but . . . :)

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    This went about as expected.

Hotel does not require it. Will try our luck at various places that may or may not ask. Take-out and quality time in the hotel room. :@ya:
    That's what it's all about man. Wife and I got a hotel in Columbus, IN a while back...ordered food, watched movies and just spent time together. One of the best trips we have had together and didn't do ****.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Are these places accepting a photo of someones vax card on their phone as proof? If so making your own at home shouldn't be to difficult. Have it on your phone so actual paper thickness doesn't come into play. I heard someone talking about doing this in a restaurant the other day. I thought it was terrible. I do not suggest doing this.

Last edited:

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Are these places accepting a photo of someones vax card on their phone as proof? If so making your own at home shouldn't be to difficult. Have it on your phone so actual paper thickness doesn't come into play.
    When all this BS came out, a PDF of the actual CDC vax card was easily found online.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Nothing down here compares to Chicago pizza.

That's true (depending on where in Indiana you are). The best Chicago pizza restaurants do have locations in Indianapolis as well as in north-eastern Indiana

And to the OP: Hypothetically, it would very easy to download a blank vaccine card pdf or jpg, add your name to it and upload a copy to your phone. I would never suggest doing something illegal, but you certainly wouldn't get caught if using it at restaurants.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That is my commute home almost every day during rush hour for the past 10 years. Taking the Ryan and it is at least 20 minutes more than GPS says, Take the Skyway and I am home at least 15 minutes sooner than GPS says. Ryan used to be the bottleneck but now traffic is a mess until 159th St. This is far worse than it used to be, one explanation would be the huge influx of people moving to Indiana and driving into the city but they are not exiting the highway at 159th. Your experience may be different but I know what I go through every day.
    Twas mine as well from 2005 until Covid.

In the early days I would take the Toll Road, especially when they had the Ryan under construction. As tolls went up, I started seriously comparing my trip times both ways. Leaving at 3PM, it took me 10-15 minutes longer avoiding the tolls, so I went to taking 94.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    So, the Mrs and I are going to Chicago at the end of the month for a quick birthday getaway for her. (Don't try and talk me out of it...it's happening.) The problem is their new "fully vaccinated" mandate that went in to affect on Jan 3, 2022. I have had zero Covid shots, and plan to keep it that way. We won't even be able to get dinner the way I'm reading things.

I recently tested positive for the Rona and wonder if I could show that and say I had to wait to get vaxxed? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Edit: add link
    noone checks. no one cares. You'll get a karen every once in a while over masks but in my experience. Look them in the eyes, make a smartass remark and they'll get scared ****less. I have never been asked about the vax except at work because of certain jobsite requirements. They asked , I told my boss the truth, he lied on my behalf. No one ever asked for proof.

Last edited by a moderator:

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    And to the OP: Hypothetically, it would very easy to download a blank vaccine card pdf or jpg, add your name to it and upload a copy to your phone. I would never suggest doing something illegal, but you certainly wouldn't get caught if using it at restaurants.
    I always recommend telling the truth but in this case people should stick it to The Man!

Consider how could it be illegal if the requirements are BS and Unconstitutional to begin with? Yea yea separate thread but it applies. People are tired of the crap and it's time to turn the tables.

This whole charade is blowing up right now and I can't wait for the fallout. Guess I'm optimistic things will improve. Dang I'd like to see even more non compliance and the personal convictions and a stand for rights and freedoms. You know, your unalienable rights. It's the principals and values good parents taught you. Many historical examples of how this worked out for the best if you think about it.
    :ranton:

Top Bottom