• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Don't forget Factory COLT mags. They work well and can often be found cheaper than the Wilsons. I bought 5 of them when midway had the Stainless ones on sale for $14.00. I should have bought 10. I also have Shooting Star mags that are flawless. There were two proMags that came with the last 1911 I bought, they found their proper place in the trash can.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    All you need is Wilson 47D. End story.

Nothing else I've used perform up to their level. Chip McCormick mags aren't nearly as solid in my guns. They perform well, but the tolerances feel sloppier and the springs feel weaker.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    The only Mags that have given me issue in any of my guns has been metalform. I came across a good deal on Kimber mags when I bought my first 1911, and they have always been 100% for me. I have also picked up a number of REALLY cheap mags from Sarco ($4/mag), and have had no issues to date with them either, after probably 900 or so rounds through them. I fully plan on rebuilding them with better springs/followers the minute they decide to give me any hint of malfunction, but at the price I found them for, I was just happy to have extras for range use without breaking the bank.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I run Chip McCormick's in my Springfield Loaded 1911. My buddy has some Wilson's and they're nice, but I didn't feel like they were worth the extra $. I use the 8-rd Power Mags and they've been flawless.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I use Wilson 47d and Tripp in a wide array of 1911's from different manufacterers. Had a problem with one Wilson mag once but never had any problems with Tripp in any 1911.

Shiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2014
    The dumpster
    Seems like the consensus here is for Wilson Combat mags for 1911s. I will go ahead and throw my hat in that ring as well. Very happy with my Wilson mags. I have a few Chip Mcormick mags too but I have had a couple issues with them specifically the 10 round mags. Never a problem from any of my Wilson mags.

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    You don't find them as much as you used to But I like military mags, get a few good Wilson for carry and Milsurp mags for the range

Top Bottom