• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iceberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2016
    fort wayne
    So, was teaching youngest son how to clean handguns after a range day. My guess is that he stuck the slide/barrel retention pin where it wasn't supposed to go and or didn't have the ejector pushed down when he was reassembling the gun. I'm not really sure all I know is it's stuck. I can't really pull the slide back and forth much, the barrel isn't where it's supposed to be and I can't take the pin out in order to start the process all over again... It's pretty stuck too. Any advice before I send it back to Ruger?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So, was teaching youngest son how to clean handguns after a range day. My guess is that he stuck the slide/barrel retention pin where it wasn't supposed to go and or didn't have the ejector pushed down when he was reassembling the gun. I'm not really sure all I know is it's stuck. I can't really pull the slide back and forth much, the barrel isn't where it's supposed to be and I can't take the pin out in order to start the process all over again... It's pretty stuck too. Any advice before I send it back to Ruger?
    Call a local gunsmith. He can probably do it faster with no shipping hassles.
    But having grabbed my P89, I doubt you could reassemble with the extractor up.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I reassembled mine once with the extractor up, I had to move the slide back as far as I could and use a bamboo skewer to push it down to disassemble then reassemble properly. Yes I was a pain. Not sure just how long it took but it was a while.
    Call a local gunsmith. He can probably do it faster with no shipping hassles.
    But having grabbed my P89, I doubt you could reassemble with the extractor up.
    If a P89 is the same as a P95... Yes, yes you can.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I reassembled mine once with the extractor up, I had to move the slide back as far as I could and use a bamboo skewer to push it down to disassemble then reassemble properly. Yes I was a pain. Not sure just how long it took but it was a while.

Apparently its not. The extractor sticks up and wont allow the slide to move back because it hits the back of the slide below the firing pin.
    I guess they redesigned it more than I realized it. :dunno:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Apparently its not. The extractor sticks up and wont allow the slide to move back because it hits the back of the slide below the firing pin.
    I guess they redesigned it more than I realized it. :dunno:
    Then that's a good thing, like I said it took awhile not sure just how long but a while, and there were many swear words involved. There is probably an easier way than I did it.

iceberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2016
    fort wayne

Thanks. With some wiggling I can get the extractor to go back down but still just as jammed

iceberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2016
    fort wayne
    Yeeaaahhhh...this is gonna have to go to a gunsmith or Ruger. I have a sinking suspension that this is gonna involve popping out some frame pins at least in order to reverse disassemble. No big deal except that I've never done a full disassembly on it so I'm clueless as to how everything links up inside.. Well, never breaking/disabling a gun through honest mistakes just means you ain't shooting/trying hard enough, right?!?

Top Bottom