• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    I have a M&P15 optics ready compliant carbine. Flat top with no flashhider and pinned stock. I have the chance to trade even for NIB Olympic Arms K8 rifle. It has a 20" stainless bull barrel with free float hand guard. The OLY rifle was made in 2008.What are your thoughts? I hear its a real tack driver but I want and respect INGO's opinions the most. BTW, already have a dpms m4gery carbine so I will still have an AR for close up work. Thanks for your help.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I don't give a rodent's posterior one way or another about OLY, but I'd dump that S&W in a heartbeat because of it's configuration. Threadless barrels and pinned stocks are useless IMHO.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Although it may be a "fair" trade in terms of value, whether or not it's a good trade for you depends on what your goals are for your gun battery. What capability are you looking to develop with the trade?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I'd dump that S&W in a heartbeat because of it's configuration. Threadless barrels and pinned stocks are useless IMHO.

Or you could just change out the stock (child's play) and send the upper off to Adco or someplace to have the muzzle threaded. That's what I'd do, as I have no use for a 20" bull-barreled rifle, especially an Oly...

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    I was thinking that I might want a longer range AR. I have two 16 inch carbines so this way I would have a short and a long range rifle. I keep hearing horror stories on AR15.com about early production Oly arms.

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    M&P

I agree with Bonehead
    No way would I trade the M&P for an OLY
    Get Yourself a new upper for 1 of your ARs and get the M&P threaded for a flash suppressor

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Theres no way I would trade a M&P for an Oly no matter what the configuration was....... but that is just my .02

Even if the Oly runs fine, it will never have the value of a S&W... I do have one Oly upper on my sons Bushy lower. Its a 16" SS A3 M4 type, looks grey... shoots awesome, very accurate. No problems with it and it was a ban era barrel...

Which brings me to this, Russ at Elmores in Greenwood sent this Oly upper to his smith and he threaded the barrel and put on an A2 FH for about $50, this was back after the AWB Sunset.... I have heard its like $75 now...

Give them a call, and change out the stock set like Shooter521 stated.... its very easy. If you need help or the tools, contact one of us, we will be glad to help, assist or change it out for you.

Top Bottom