• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgtmack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    A Staccato C2 has been my grail gun for a couple years now, ever since I got to try one a friend owned. I don't know how soon it will be, depends on how big my Christmas bonus is, but sooner or later I will be looking for a 2011.

So, should I stay with the Staccato, or is there something else I should be looking at? I don't want a Prodigy, my last 2 Springfields were OK, but I'm looking for something a little nicer. Are there any other options available in that price range I should consider?

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Bul Armory makes a good DS especially for the price. I've had very good experience with mine. Another good option is a STI which is now Staccato but a earlier one would be a good choice. If you're looking to spend new Staccato money, a look to the used market could turn up some very nice choices or even AllenM might have something in you price range. Guncrafter, Infinity, Trinity, and AllenM builds are the cream of the crop but there's nothing wrong with a Prodigy. I'm happy with my Prodigy, Bul tac2, and my AllenM custom STI build. Alot of choices out there, just depends on the amount of $$ you're comfortable with spending. Good luck on you search.

Btw, @AllenM is on the forum. You should talk with him before you make a decision.

sgtmack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    I currently carry a commander in .45. This will replace that as a carry and range gun. I have a budget for the gun, a red dot, and a couple of mags of about 3 grand.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Here you go.

sgtmack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    Thanks. I saw that, but really want a commander size in 9. When I started looking I didn't think anything custom would be in my price range. I'll reach out to Allen and see what he can do.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Get a used C2 right now if you can swing it a lot of used ones are hitting the streets as people are trying to move C2's to get the new CS IMHO

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    If your grail gun is the C2 then don’t settle on anything less. I have run a few from BUL and they are also a quality piece. I have handled a few from Stealth but have never shot one. I am partial to Staccatos ( I have a P, C2 and a CS).

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I like the staccato that someone let me shoot.

But I want to try a BUL, DWX, and Shadow2 compact before I choose.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    A Staccato C2 has been my grail gun for a couple years now, ever since I got to try one a friend owned. I don't know how soon it will be, depends on how big my Christmas bonus is, but sooner or later I will be looking for a 2011.

So, should I stay with the Staccato, or is there something else I should be looking at? I don't want a Prodigy, my last 2 Springfields were OK, but I'm looking for something a little nicer. Are there any other options available in that price range I should consider?
    I read this thread and made my usual jump over to the classifieds and saw a Platypus was posted there. I don’t have any experience with or opinion of the Platypus but since it was mentioned in the thread here I thought I’d point it out.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I wanted a Staccato C2 - too impatient for the right used one to come along - too cheap to pay retail for the Staccato that I wanted.

Ended up getting an in-stock notice on a Bul SAS II Tac and jumped on it. Only 108 rounds fired but accuracy seems excellent and the fitment good. IMO, based on retail pricing, it is a very solid competitor to a similarly optioned C2 for $500-$750 less.

Mags are proprietary (actually Para-ish by that's another topic) and $55.

1701035820931.png

BUT!!!

If you want a Staccato - get a Staccato. They offer a solid product for a fair price in the C2.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I wanted a Staccato C2 - too impatient for the right used one to come along - too cheap to pay retail for the Staccato that I wanted.

Ended up getting an in-stock notice on a Bul SAS II Tac and jumped on it. Only 108 rounds fired but accuracy seems excellent and the fitment good. IMO, based on retail pricing, it is a very solid competitor to a similarly optioned C2 for $500-$750 less.

Mags are proprietary (actually Para-ish by that's another topic) and $55.

View attachment 314685

BUT!!!

If you want a Staccato - get a Staccato. They offer a solid product for a fair price in the C2.
    I was wondering about the mags on that one and if they were proprietary or not.

Does the prodigy and all the double stack Stacatto models share common mags?

Top Bottom