• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    so i have the Taurus 709 and i want a good concealment holster for it. High Noon actually has the mold for this gun and according to their website has some in stock.

i am thinking the public secret with straps or the pocket grabber. i only want to get one, but cant decide which to get. i like the ease of draw from a pocket holster, but i am afraid the 709 might be a bit too large for pocket carry.

the iwb seems like it might be a more discreet option when deep concealment is necessary. the only other time i have tried an IWB was a cheap Uncle Mike's clip on and it sucked. for what its worth, i am about 6-2 and 240lbs (chubster:laugh:) .

what would you recommend?

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Well, I'm 6'1" and almost 300 lbs and I IWB in either a Milt Sparks VMII or a MTAC from Comp-Tac, both are great holsters. The MTAC you can get in about 10 days from Comp-Tac and the Sparks takes about 9 months to get. You definitely need to get pants that are a size larger than you normally wear if you want to be comfortable.

GarandMD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Lafayette
    I prefer IWB since it gives better concealment for me. I use the Comp-Tac Infidel and the Tucker "Silent Thunder". Pricey but nice and fully adjustable.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I recently switched from IWB to OWB. I find it more comfortable and my pants don't fit funny. I currently carry my XD45C in a Raven Concealment Phantom. I have started OC some and plan to do more. The best thing I have done is get rid of my old leather belt and replace it with a 5 stitch Wilderness Frequent flyer.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Just picked up a super nice holster for my sig 226 from stoner holsters at the 1500 ,very well made & had a chance to talk to the maker & owner ,went over the fine points of a good holster (stitching ,quality materials ) his prices are alot lower than a galco or bianchi of the same quality check them out at his website of the same name

Gaudard

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Terre Haute
    I too am in the market for a holster. I think I want one that will 'clip on' to my belt/pants with a paddle, also with a locking mechanism for the firearm.

I haven't see many like that. So who makes one like that? It seems most prefer the inside of the pants type of carry, is that because of ease of concealment or just personal preference?

Top Bottom