• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Can anyone tell me if there is a maximum number of rounds that can be chambered while hunting deer in Indiana?

In most states you can chamber a small number of rounds for activities like waterfowl hunting, and I was wondering if deer hunting had such limits.

Thanks in advance from a Rossi M92 Puma .44 Magnum hunter.

Cbarnett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Earth
    Page 6 of the Hunting regulation book. Only migratory game bird and waterfowl have a limit on magazine capacity.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Thanks guy... I used the same resources, but I just wanted to make sure that I hadn't overlooked something. I would hate to get out there during firearm season and run afoul of the law.

I am 46-years old now and have not been deer hunting since I was 13-years old... A lot has changed... Some good... Some bad.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Can anyone tell me if there is a maximum number of rounds that can be chambered while hunting deer in Indiana?

In most states you can chamber a small number of rounds for activities like waterfowl hunting, and I was wondering if deer hunting had such limits.

Thanks in advance from a Rossi M92 Puma .44 Magnum hunter.

You can have one round per weapon in the chamber regardless of the state you are in.

There are no magazine restrictions for deer hunting in Indiana. One in the chamber and one in your pocket should be one extra if you know what you are doing.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    That would all depend on how many chambers your "weapon" has.

I've hunted with doubles and drillings with all the chambers filled and haven't broken any law yet.

Guess you got me there, I was just thinking about a revolver and just knew I'd see something like this when I got here.

Top Bottom